2017 Highlander XLE - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2017, 06:36 PM   #21

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
My bad.... My wife says it's the Forester that has the uneven rear deck with the back seats folded down. My apology to the Outback....
My 2012 doesn't have an uneven rear deck. But haven't looked at the newer ones.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:05 PM   #22

Location: In my Escape...full time. Currently in Maine, Maine
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Wow, this thread has reduced my anxiety a bit! I bought a 2017 XLE thinking I would want a vehicle that would tow a Casita 17. Then I saw the Escapes and was afraid the Highlander would not be enough for a 19. But, sounds like some of you are doing it! I've never towed before so am a bit apprehensive. Now, if I could only see a 19 in person to make me sure it's right for me. Thanks for the encouragement!
CarlNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:11 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Being in New Hampshire, you may have to travel a bit to see one in person Carl, since they are less common in the northeast, but Escape will know the closest owner who can show you theirs. I'd give them a call.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:11 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Being in New Hampshire, you may have to travel a bit to see one in person Carl, since they are less common in the northeast, but Escape will know the closest owner who can show you theirs. I'd give them a call.
Yes, I'm going to do that thanks. Of course, a near-new 19 went up for sale only a few hours away and was snapped up a light speed! ��
Old 09-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Carl, several of us tow 21's, some for MANY thousands of miles with nary a problem. Since you have a new 2017 you have 11,000# GCWR which was the only one of the weight ratings I got close to with our 2016's 9828# GCWR. The Highlander is an excellent tow vehicle, you made a fine choice and any Escape will also be a fine choice! Welcome.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Carl, several of us tow 21's, some for MANY thousands of miles with nary a problem. Since you have a new 2017 you have 11,000# GCWR which was the only one of the weight ratings I got close to with our 2016's 9828# GCWR. The Highlander is an excellent tow vehicle, you made a fine choice and any Escape will also be a fine choice! Welcome.
Awesome... Thank you!
Old 09-11-2017, 07:32 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlNH View Post
Yes, I'm going to do that thanks. Of course, a near-new 19 went up for sale only a few hours away and was snapped up a light speed! ��
Carl
We will be at the Wine Escape Rally this weekend in Niagara Falls Ontario at the Riverside Campground. We will have the 2013 21' Escape Towed by the 2012 Highlander. We've owned the 21 for two months and have towed it 7,500 miles with no problems. Before that we had the 19 and towed it many thousands of miles with the same Highlander. I'm not sure how far the Rally would be from your location but there will be several Escapes there including both generations of 21's. There's a little motel associated with the campground where several prospective Escapees have stayed in the past or There are some bed and breakfast places along the road to the Falls. It would be worth your time if you can fit it in your schedule. Hoping to meet you and give you the $.25 tour I am
Iowa Dave
Old 09-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Carl
We will be at the Wine Escape Rally this weekend in Niagara Falls Ontario at the Riverside Campground. We will have the 2013 21' Escape Towed by the 2012 Highlander. We've owned the 21 for two months and have towed it 7,500 miles with no problems. Before that we had the 19 and towed it many thousands of miles with the same Highlander. I'm not sure how far the Rally would be from your location but there will be several Escapes there including both generations of 21's. There's a little motel associated with the campground where several prospective Escapees have stayed in the past or There are some bed and breakfast places along the road to the Falls. It would be worth your time if you can fit it in your schedule. Hoping to meet you and give you the $.25 tour I am
Iowa Dave
Dave, thanks for the kind offer! Niagara is a bit of a haul and, in addition, I managed to let my passport expire and it will take some time before I receive my replacement. Have fun at the rally!

Carl