5.0 TA hitching visibility - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2018, 01:56 PM   #21

Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
BK? That sounds like B&W's Turnoverball in-bed hitch and the Companion fifth-wheel hitch that anchors into it. Jeff England is a B&W dealer. Yes, B&W's website says the GNRK1319 Turnoverball fits the 2019 Ram 1500.

The MSRP of the GNRK1319 is US$538 and the MSRP of a Companion RVK3500 is US$1017, so with US$150 installation that would be US$1555 plus taxes.

B&W's Companion fifth-wheel is designed specifically to work with the Turnoverball, in contrast to the Andersen Ultimate "gooseneck"-anchored system which works with any bed-mounted ball, but just hooks around it like a coupler.
I should have said, B&W, I was thinking of a local strip club and bar, BK Hitch'en Post.

trainman

trainman

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:58 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Wow, $1500 for a 5th wheel hitch, a lot more than a new tow ball.....
Old 11-20-2018, 04:50 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
I towed a small fifth wheel for years with our 1998 Ram and I could see the hitch when looking over my shoulder from the driver's seat, which made hitching up a very simple one person operation. Our 5.0TA is on order and with our new 2019 Ram, like most trucks now, the bed rails are much higher and the bottom of the back window is higher and I don't think I'll be able to see the hitch.

For those of you with a 5.0TA and a late model full size pickup with high bed rails, are you also unable to see the hitch from the driver's seat? And if so, does that make hitching a two person operation or do you find that you're able to back up fairly close to the hitching point and get lined up OK?
I have a 4 x 4 Toyota Tundra and have done two things to allow me to hitch alone. One I put a line on the top edge of my back window and use it with the rear view mirror to get lined up with the hitch. Two I bought the magnetic alignment balls 1 and they really help with the fine adjustments.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44603-M...lls+for+towing
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote