All-Electric F-150 Prototype: Tows 1M+ Pounds - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-24-2019, 08:17 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
In the big picture, things are changing if you think about it. Where we live there are 16 homes. One has a pretty large solar array, one has a personal wind turbine, at least
4 of us have geothermal heating and cooling. On the other hand, the number of home gardens continues to decline, I see very little in the way of tree planting. Everybody has toys that sit a good percentage of the time. There are a couple of electric boost cars (Prius) and a couple
Diesel pickups that are unnecessary for their use. No wood burning remote boilers and mostly heat sucking fireplaces.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-24-2019, 08:52 PM   #22

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
As an Oregonian, I hope so. Whatever it may be, Oregonians will decide.

I’m a native Oregonian too. And I have traveled widely outside those borders. And as a native Oregonian who has seen a lot of different things and different ways of doing things, it is easy for me to conclude that Oregon’s restrictions against licensed vehicle operators fueling their own vehicle is absurd. Just because a bunch of people vote for a thing does not arbitrarily make it sensible or right. YMMV.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:55 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
I’m a native Oregonian too. And I have traveled widely outside those borders. And as a native Oregonian who has seen a lot of different things and different ways of doing things, it is easy for me to conclude that Oregon’s restrictions against licensed vehicle operators fueling their own vehicle is absurd. Just because a bunch of people vote for a thing does not arbitrarily make it sensible or right. YMMV.
That's fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion. You stay in Washington State and vote for the laws/policies for your state. I'll do the same in Oregon. In the meantime, enjoy your higher priced fuel and you get to do the work too.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:06 PM   #24

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
That's fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion. You stay in Washington State and vote for the laws/policies for your state. I'll do the same in Oregon. In the meantime, enjoy your higher priced fuel and you get to do the work too.

Happily, the 36 gallon gas tank on my non-electric F-150 will usually get me all the way through Oregon without having to deal with the minimum wage pump jockeys who fail to fully fill a gas tank, forget to replace gas caps, and generally don’t care for my vehicle as well as they ought to.

That was my first job, actually, pumping gas at an Exxon station in Portland for all the other folk who could somehow manage to safely drive several tons of vehicle around without killing themselves or others - most of the time - but who somehow could not manage the tricky operation of putting gas into their own car. Good thing I was there to help.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:13 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I just think it's funny, the only people who complain about this issue in Oregon don't live here. It may come up for a vote again in the future. I feel certain Oregonians are perfectly capable of deciding the issue for themselves.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote