Andersen Hitch issue - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2015, 06:56 PM   #141

Trailer: 2015 17B Sold 5/2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
You're right, off topic. But the CCC did indeed build some incredible parks during the depression. Garner SP here in South Texas is one of my favorites.
Going off topic again Let us not forget some of the guard rails they built. This is on Mt Rainier.
Attached Thumbnails
Guard Rail.jpg  
2012 4Runner
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:16 PM   #142

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
My uncle worked in the CCC's........
Old 09-06-2015, 09:09 PM   #143

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
On topic

If you are pulling your Escape with your quiet or noisy hitch setup and you enjoy history and craftsmanship, your state probably has some CCC projects that are still very functional and you may even have a CCC museum where you can learn a lot about this fascinating segment of American History. Sorry I am so prone to thread drift. I have had many wonderful experiences in my life and continue to appreciate the industry of American and Canadian citizens and the beautiful parks and roads that generations before us built and maintained.
Salute American and Canadian labor tomorrow and every day. Many before us sacrificed greatly and labored proudly.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:40 PM   #144

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Well said Dave.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:16 AM   #145

Trailer: 19' - Oct 2o15
E2 vs Pro Series vs Anderson on a current build ?

Good Morning Forum - our trailer is in the final stages of being build.

We received an E-Mail stating that we could have the Pro Series or E2 inplace of the Andersen we put on our build sheet.

There have been a number of comments about the Pro Series - but no one has mentioned the E2.

Has anyone used the E2 ? - it almost looks easier to use than the Pro Series.

What is the difference between the Trunnion & Round bar system ?

What is the weight of these three hitch systems ?
If the hitches are "in pieces" - what do the different components weight ?

Which one will less likely mess up a bad back ?

Thank You for your time & consideations.

UW

If there is a better area to post this note - please let me know.
Thank You
OWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:17 AM   #146

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Re E2. The E2 is made by Fastway which is a division of Progress Manufacturing out of Provo Utah. Progress makes the Equal-i-zer hitch. This is why there are a lot of similarities in design and use some of the same smaller parts. Fastway hitches are less expensive because it is my understandinding that they are produced in China whereas the Equal-I-zer is a U.S. Made product. Having had both Andersen and Equal-I-zer I have reviewed our problems with Andersen before and have it up for sale on another posting. The Equal-I-zer has and is great as has been the service. I would expect similar results from the E2. I looked at the E2 but paid a little more for a MADE IN THE USA product.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:57 PM   #147

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I understand that OWilly's Andersen order led to the E2, but this E2 discussion might better fit in Equalizer hitch changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
Re E2. The E2 is made by Fastway which is a division of Progress Manufacturing out of Provo Utah. Progress makes the Equal-i-zer hitch. This is why there are a lot of similarities in design and use some of the same smaller parts. Fastway hitches are less expensive because it is my understandinding that they are produced in China whereas the Equal-I-zer is a U.S. Made product.
Aside from the manufacturing location, the difference between an e2 and an Equal-i-zer is that the head is completely different. The e2 head is like any other generic round-bar WD; the Equal-i-zer "tri-wing" head clamps the spring bar sockets to add friction for sway control. The tri-wing head certainly looks more expensive to make, while the bar-end brackets are probably identical. The spring bars are different only because the e2 bars need to be round at the head end to go into the head sockets, while the Equal-i-zer bars need to be square to go into the rotating sockets in the head.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:25 PM   #148

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Off-topic again...

The first CCC project completed was the pedestrian bridge over the Sacramento River at Sims Flat. My father was stationed there with the CCC shortly after the bridge was completed. It's now a US Forest Service campground, with none of the buildings remaining, only the bridge. While camping there a number of years ago, before his passing, my father wryly observed that they paid him $5 a month to help build the camp, then it got torn down, now they were charging him $5 a day to camp there! We camped there in 2013 ourselves, 80 years after my father lived and worked there...a "connecting" feeling that's hard to describe.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:27 PM   #149

Trailer: 2015 15B
I'm having the same horrible squeaking squawking sound from my new Andersen hitch. It sure was a show stopper when I pulled in and out of my camping spot and at the gas station. I phoned ETI a couple of weeks ago from the camp ground at Puntzi Lake and they said they would get back to me but did not. Today I phoned Andersen Hitch Inc in the States and they said they would send me the part. They didn't say anything about overnighting it. Now I am waiting for the part. I assume it will be the the braking material. The colour of it is black. I bought the trailer and hitch in July of 2015.
scoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:02 PM   #150

Hhmmm, my Andersen has over 15,000 miles and is quiet as a mouse, I wonder what is wrong with yours. They are made in Utah.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:06 PM   #151

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Hhmmm, my Andersen has over 15,000 miles and is quiet as a mouse, I wonder what is wrong with yours. They are made in Utah.
Hmmm... I think they are made in Boise Idaho. That is where I have always contacted them. equal-I-zer is made in Provo Utah.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:11 PM   #152

Correct, Idaho, not Utah, I went thru Utah to get to Idaho Falls, Idaho when I went there last year. Big factory....https://www.andersenhitches.com/contact-us.aspx
Old 09-25-2015, 07:07 PM   #153

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by OWilly View Post
Good Morning Forum - our trailer is in the final stages of being build.

We received an E-Mail stating that we could have the Pro Series or E2 inplace of the Andersen we put on our build sheet.

There have been a number of comments about the Pro Series - but no one has mentioned the E2.

Has anyone used the E2 ? - it almost looks easier to use than the Pro Series.

What is the difference between the Trunnion & Round bar system ?

What is the weight of these three hitch systems ?
If the hitches are "in pieces" - what do the different components weight ?

Which one will less likely mess up a bad back ?

Thank You for your time & consideations.

UW

If there is a better area to post this note - please let me know.
Thank You
On Sept. 10 when we picked up the 21, Manfred told me that ETI was going to stop handling the Andersen hitch. The reason given was that Andersen would not respond in a reasonable fashion to ETI's concerns. In other words, lousy customer service. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:36 PM   #154

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21RB
My Anderson hitch squeaked a couple months after use when first purchased in July 2013 and in the last year is really noisey. I swapped out the red liner cone to a new black cone last month and it still squeaked but less. I have since found placing a considerable amount of lithium grease at the contact points of the hitch and ball helped the most.
gharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:45 PM   #155

Trailer: 2014 Escape 17B
Our Andersen got very creaky after driving in heavy rain and andersen sent us a new tow ball assembly with no question, But before it arrived I sprayed the old one with Jigaloo which I think is a silicone spray and it has been quiet ever since. we do like the Andersen, it is easy to hitch, it is not heavy and we have no sway and no porpoising on bouncy roads. In fact don't really notice the trailer when towing even in cross winds.
TheLonePine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:49 PM   #156

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharper View Post
My Anderson hitch squeaked a couple months after use when first purchased in July 2013 and in the last year is really noisey. I swapped out the red liner cone to a new black cone last month and it still squeaked but less. I have since found placing a considerable amount of lithium grease at the contact points of the hitch and ball helped the most.
By "hitch" do you mean the coupler on the trailer? If grease between the coupler and ball helps the noise, it's reducing the screeching of metal ball on metal coupler (which should happen only when the pitch angle changes - nose up and down), which has nothing to do with the cone (which see motion only when the rig turns or yaws).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:40 AM   #157

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21RB
Yes, the coupler on the trailer. Anderson hitch staff mentioned to me that changing out the cone may help reduce the noise.
gharper is offline   Reply With Quote