Ball Height 1" Too High or 1" Too Low - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Old 05-29-2016, 09:15 PM   #11
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Originally Posted by Fiberglass Fan View Post
It is the trailers coupler that determines which ball is used not the WDH and in this situation Escape uses a 2" coupler.
Absolutely true. That's why Escape tells people (at least those not buying a WDH from them) to bring a tow vehicle equipped with a 2" ball.

Originally Posted by Fiberglass Fan View Post
Not unusually to see a WDH being using with a 2" ball. Lots of folks using WDH such as Fastway E2 that Escape sells as well as other brands such as Equalizer, Blue OZ etc using 2" balls. Andersen WDH actually comes with two balls a 2" & a 2 5/16"
It's certainly unusual anywhere I've been, but practices do vary by region. Looking around RV shows and showrooms, I've rarely seen any trailer with a 2" coupler that is tongue-heavy enough to have any need for a WDH, and it's even more rare to see anything other than a travel trailer with WDH; conversely, just about everything using a WDH has a 2-5/16" coupler... thus my comment that a 2" ball with WDH is unusual, but of course it is done.

The Andersen No-Sway doesn't use common balls (only their special ball-on-a-cone component), so they are required to make different parts for each ball diameter... and yes, they do offer it in 2" and 2-5/16". Lots of Escape owners use this, and of course have the 2" version.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote