Chrysler Eco Diesel Emissions Tests by EPA maybe another dieselgate - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2017, 05:30 PM   #61

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
"Just sayin".....sounds like more than a few out there need to stock up their trailers and git:
I don't need to git. My home is warmed by natural gas coming thru a tube (pipeline) which goes several miles north of me to the Wattenburg Shale and into several hundred well fracked wellheads which provide a lot of natural gas, and oil. As far as I know my electricity is also provided by generators run on natural gas going thru different pipelines.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:31 PM   #62
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Since I didn't have any kids, I'm not going to be one of those explaining in 20 -50 years to them why those 97% of climate scientists were so conveniently ignored because otherwise we might have had to actually do something.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...2Mro-oMy9XZNLA
Old 01-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #63
Site Team

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...2Mro-oMy9XZNLA
Old 01-13-2017, 05:34 PM   #64
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
PS - sorry for the busted links. On mobile and can't delete posts using Tapatalk.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #65

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I've researched this subject thoroughly and after much deliberation , I have come to the only logical conclusion .
"Climate change is caused by the Ford Eco Boost Engine
I just read this very same conclusion in an article somewhere...
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:22 PM   #66

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
Thoer, if it wasn't for naturally occurring global warming your home in Galesville and most of Canada would still be under a mile thick sheet of ice. And chunks of ice in Antartica regularly break off in summer (it is summer down there now) because they are floating in the ocean and tidal activity puts stress on things that float. That is not a man made disaster.

Global Warming, Global Cooling and Climate Change exist between arbitrary time periods chosen by people trying to prove their own point and gain the power to tell others how to live their lives. And they still get it wrong.
During the last ice age , most of the State of Wisconsin was under ice . Reference " Glacial Lake Wisconsin " . There are some very interesting theories about the lake and how it formed and drained . To be fair Thoer lives in Galesville which was not part of Glacial Lake Wisconsin and was actually beach front / vacation property during the last ice age.
The Wisconsin Dell were formed in the last ice age and were part of the Glacial Lake
The area around Black River Falls and Warren Wisconsin is low land from the Glacial Lake and home to huge cranberry bogs.

This is all theory based on science so you are free to disregard what doesn't please you or fit your agenda .
If you wish a more non SCIENTIFIC explanation , look up The Legend of Paul Bunyon and his Blue Ox Babe.

When I was a child I had several older relatives who believed till their death that the world was flat . They believed if you walked to the edge of the earth and looked down , you would find Amenia Earhart plane crashed on the rocks below. They were convinced that the idea that the earth was round was being put forth by Satin to test our faith..
There has always been people who denied science and scientific evidence and in 2017 nothings changed
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:39 PM   #67

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
This is all theory based on science so you are free to disregard what doesn't please you or fit your agenda .
If you wish a more non SCIENTIFIC explanation , look up The Legend of Paul Bunyon and his Blue Ox Babe.
I find your attitude to be very rude.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:42 PM   #68

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'
Quote:
Yes, absolutely. Which is my exact point. Nobody has cornered the market on truth. Not NOAA or NASA either. I don't look at who's claiming it, I look at the facts behind what they claim. For example, when Algore in his movie stated that the polar ice would be almost gone by 2015, and then in 2015 it was measured to be 40 percent larger than when he made his movie, that is a fact. That fact informs an opinion.
Would really like to see your evidence that polar ice mass is 40% larger.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #69

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
Those cruise ships now touring the Northwest Passage must be computer graphics.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:52 PM   #70

Trailer: pondering.....
as to the OP thread...
didn't know EPA versus Fiat Chrysler ECO Diesel issue has been going on for more than a year...and also didn't know Fiat Chrysler discontinued production of the Eco Diesel vehicles back in Sept 2016...not sure if that's both Rams and Jeeps....that doesn't look good for Fiat Chrysler...apparently what's on the lots is all there is, at least until this EPA versus Fiat Chrysler is resolved
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:20 PM   #71

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
as to the OP thread...
didn't know EPA versus Fiat Chrysler ECO Diesel issue has been going on for more than a year...and also didn't know Fiat Chrysler discontinued production of the Eco Diesel vehicles back in Sept 2016...not sure if that's both Rams and Jeeps....that doesn't look good for Fiat Chrysler...apparently what's on the lots is all there is, at least until this EPA versus Fiat Chrysler is resolved
If you go to the Ram forums , there are numerous people that have been waiting for their new Ram Eco diesel trucks since last September and at this time still have no firm delivery date. .
Some customers have demanded their money back from dealers because they are unwilling to wait any longer for their vehicle.
There are rumors that Ram may pull the diesel engines out of the trucks that are sitting at their plants and replace them with the Gas Hemi engine in order to cut their loss
Supposedly the GMC diesel engine ( canyon & Colorado) has also not gotten EPA approval for the 2017 models.
Many automakers have dropped or pushed back the release date for their diesel models due to the testing procedures now used by the EPA have delayed certification.

The Volkswagon scandal has lead to problems and financial costs for all the automakers .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:31 PM   #72
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
I find your attitude to be very rude.
Me too, on its face Santiago. But I've learned never to take things personally on a forum, including this one. Steve's a good guy, and we simply have a difference of opinion.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #73

There is a solution.
Just don't post on threads like this one.
Not going to change anybody's mind anyway.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #74
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
There are many sources showing the total mass of sea ice has grown. Here's one. NASA is another, although their focus is more antarctic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wattsup...ndroid-verizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Those cruise ships now touring the Northwest Passage must be computer graphics.
Which is not contradictory to the total amount of sea ice growing. It's growing faster in some areas than others, and in some areas, where it's traditionally been, it's either partially or completely disappeared.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:38 PM   #75

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Quote:
Steve's a good guy, and we simply have a difference of opinion.
Yes I think he is basically a good man too, and it is ok to disagree but mocking someone because you don't agree with his/her view is bad.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:59 PM   #76

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
There is a solution.
Just don't post on threads like this one.
Not going to change anybody's mind anyway.
Maybe part of this could get split off into a thread in the Cyber Campfire for folks who really want to debate climate science... Diesel emissions, mileage, etc are one thing,, but as Glenn says nobody's mind is going to be changed here and bad feelings are only going to be the result

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:13 PM   #77

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'
Quote:
There are many sources showing the total mass of sea ice has grown. Here's one. NASA is another, although their focus is more antarctic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wattsup...ndroid-verizon

Which is not contradictory to the total amount of sea ice growing. It's growing faster in some areas than others, and in some areas, where it's traditionally been, it's either partially or completely disappeared.
Actually, NASA says:

Sea ice increases in Antarctica do not make up for the accelerated Arctic sea ice loss of the last decades, a new NASA study finds. As a whole, the planet has been shedding sea ice at an average annual rate of 13,500 square miles (35,000 square kilometers) since 1979, the equivalent of losing an area of sea ice larger than the state of Maryland every year.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:40 PM   #78

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Speaking of "by nature" (from an earlier post), has anyone ever calculated the number of "diesel engine exhaust equivalents" of particulate blown into the atmosphere by the eruption of Mount Saint Helens back in 1980. I recall traces of ash ending up nearly to the Atlantic Ocean. Mother nature isn't just a passive victim in all of this. Just saying....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:54 PM   #79

I think what we've learned over the millennia, is not to 'tax' mother nature. She, however, can do what she likes.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:46 PM   #80

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
I think what we've learned over the millennia, is not to 'tax' mother nature. She, however, can do what she likes.
I truly like most of what Mother Nature does. But I wish she had never invented her little games of "Spin-The-Wind" (aka tornadoes and hurricanes). I can do without those.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote