Chrysler recalls 1.2 million Ram pickup trucks - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Chrysler recalls 1.2 million Ram pickup trucks

Sharing knowledge: Chrysler recalls 1.2 million Ram pickup trucks - Autoblog
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
Thanks for the info. Donna. I own a 2005 Dodge 2500 and was not aware of a recall.
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Glad to pass the info along. Safety always!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm still waiting for the "recall fix" for my 2009 Ram 1500 drive shaft bolts, been over a year of "backorder". The dealer checks them each time I go in for an oil change, but the parts are still not available
Old 11-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #5

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
A comment on the linked article suggests that this is "old news", because the NHTSA report includes a date from a couple years ago. I thought that he was just misled by the date of the triggering defect report, and the recall approach has just been determined... but apparently this announcement is of the final version of a recall which started in October 2011. If you have a Ram pickup, had heard of the tie rod problem, and decided it didn't apply to you - check that current list of models and years, or at least don't automatically disregard a notice if you get one.

It's pretty common for recalls to be staged by area, to manage the need for parts or for other business reasons. We had a couple recalls on our Sienna (nothing defective, just preventative stuff) which I heard about long before the official notice because Toyota Canada was behind Toyota USA. Not having the notice yet does not necessarily mean that you won't get one.

This may sound callous, but I note that this reportedly serious problem affecting hundreds of thousands of vehicles which have been on the road for up to five years has resulted in all of two injuries; I can't get very worked up about that. For all the criticism of this or any manufacturer executing a recall, the recalled parts seem to be nearly perfect... just not quite nearly enough for the insanely high standards of our current society. We are lucky that automotive manufacturing is so well managed and governed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm still waiting for the "recall fix" for my 2009 Ram 1500 drive shaft bolts, been over a year of "backorder". The dealer checks them each time I go in for an oil change, but the parts are still not available
For bolts? They may be a very specific bolt - not a regular part from any fastener supply house - but I still wonder if there might be something else delaying the work and it is easiest to just have the dealers say the parts are not in.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote