Got my Tow Vehicle - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2016, 02:46 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I taught my kids a very important lesson.
It's only money and you can make more.
Man can they ever spend money.
Eat your dessert first and don't buy any green bananas. There's no pockets
On a casket and the Brinks truck ain't gonna follow you to the cemetery.
Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... Everyone at the Funeral Home was shocked to see the casket packed with C.Notes. Just before closing the lid his new wife took out all the notes and replaced them with a post dated Cheque. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 03:31 PM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
My last check written is going to bounce.....

Old 09-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike & Donna View Post
For anyone looking for a TV I would highly suggest that you at least check out the F150 Eco's.
You inspired us! Bought an F150 yesterday at what we feel was a great price. We started out wanting a bare bones truck but at that price were able to upgrade to the 4 door and a few other features too. For sure we got the hitch assist and backup assist and are looking forward to trying them out. Probably won't be for a while though, but will report back when we do. Never thought I would own a truck, but now I'm pretty hyped about it!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:11 PM   #14

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
You inspired us! Bought an F150 yesterday at $11k under sticker price. We started out wanting a bare bones truck but at that price were able to upgrade to the 4 door and a few other features too. For sure we got the hitch assist and backup assist and are looking forward to trying them out. Probably won't be for a while though, but will report back when we do. Never thought I would own a truck, but now I'm pretty hyped about it!
Yes, end of model year, plenty of rebates/incentives to go around. That's why I decided to go with the 2016 as well. As far the the F150 2.7L eco don't think there will be much changed when the 2017's show up. What matter's in the end is that we find something we like at a price we can afford and it can safely tow our trailers. Enjoy your truck.
Mike & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:11 PM   #15

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
You inspired us! Bought an F150 yesterday at $11k under sticker price. We started out wanting a bare bones truck but at that price were able to upgrade to the 4 door and a few other features too. For sure we got the hitch assist and backup assist and are looking forward to trying them out. Probably won't be for a while though, but will report back when we do. Never thought I would own a truck, but now I'm pretty hyped about it!
Jill, you're going to love towing with the F150. Such a capable vehicle, and pretty darn efficient doing it too.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:20 AM   #16

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
We also just bought a new tow vehicle... Got a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder with a whole 120 km on it. New for the price of used. Towing capacity is 5,000 pounds.

I like that it came with factory installed hitch and wiring. We'll figure out what to do to move the brake controller over from the Ford Escape (3,500 towing and did us just fine with our 17B) It will still be my daily drive despite having 238,000 km on it...Doug rides his bike to work so the Nissan won't get a whole lot of miles on it.

Picked up the car the day before we left for a month in Europe so have barely touched it. We were going to be looking at cars when we got home and had intended on a Highlander.... Even well used ones were crazy prices. My two sisters each have 2 Nissans per family and one has an older Pathfinder and uses it for towing a rather large tent trailer..... So I presume we did okay.

This month driving a little 2 door Opel.... Nice little car and gets in small parking spots!
Old 09-05-2016, 09:21 AM   #17

Trailer: In process of buying new 5.0TA pick up in Oct
I thought the limit was 5000 for the 4 runner same as the highlander? I just looked it up but I was looking at a new one. Is it higher for the older ones? Just wondering because as I look at moving to a bigger trailer I was looking at Toyotas that could haul more

Fox hunt is online now   Reply With Quote