Honda Ridgeline Revival - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Honda Ridgeline Revival

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
I know from owning a Casita 17 prior to this experience, that narrower fiberglass trailers present a lot less wind resistance, but I am still a little hesitant of towing with a V-6.

Depends on the V6. My F150 with a 2.7L Ecoboost V6 will tow anything Escape makes with ease, and get about 15-17 mpg doing it. Maybe more with the 5.0TA, since there's considerably less frontal area.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:35 PM   #22

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
If this is it, it reminds me alot of the new Colorado. Anything to get rid of those sloping bed rails sounds good to me.
Wow! Looks great, me thinks I'm going to postpone my new Tacoma and see what happens with the Ridgeline. I admit having a little hesitation to tow with a FWD transaxle.

G
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:41 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
Wow! Looks great, me thinks I'm going to postpone my new Tacoma and see what happens with the Ridgeline. I admit having a little hesitation to tow with a FWD transaxle.

G

Gregg, Brian pointed out some time ago that this was just an artist concept and not from Honda. Might look completely different.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:47 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I have seen the 2015 Ridgeline and it's a very nice truck. Has a large deep lockable storage area that is down low. Don't think it can take a WDH though.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:18 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
There are some spy photos of the new Ridgeline that got posted this week. It looks more like a truck than the artist's drawing (fortunately). Looks like it can still tow.

Next-Generation Honda Ridgeline Prototype Spied Roaming

Most injuries injuries in old men occur because they think they are young men!
bisonbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:46 PM   #26

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Hard to judge size from theses shots but using the driver for scale, it sort if looks bigger than a Tacoma. The full size truck market is getting pretty crowded. If it's on the larger size, they're going to lose me. Worth the wait, I have a couple years on the Tacoma to go.
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:30 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Hard to judge size from theses shots but using the driver for scale, it sort if looks bigger than a Tacoma. The full size truck market is getting pretty crowded. If it's on the larger size, they're going to lose me. Worth the wait, I have a couple years on the Tacoma to go.
Much better than the previous design. No sloping bed.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #28

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
I'll be curious to see what engine the new Ridgeline will have and how it performs towing.
It seems likely that the Ridgeline will have the Pilot's engine and transmission, but we won't know until Honda releases more information. Honda's new Ridgeline page is still just a teaser with no real information.

The single most interesting specification for me will be the towing rating, particularly if it is (as I expect it will be) compliant with the SAE J2807 testing standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
I have seen the 2015 Ridgeline and it's a very nice truck. Has a large deep lockable storage area that is down low. Don't think it can take a WDH though.
I don't think there was a 2015 Ridgeline (neither Honda Canada nor Honda US shows the Odyssey as a current model) although some may still be around at dealerships.

The in-bed-floor compartment is one of the most interesting features of the original Ridgeline. It may or may not survive to the new model. We'll probably have to wait for real specs and maybe even actual trucks in dealerships to see what Honda says about use of WDH with this version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonbill View Post
There are some spy photos of the new Ridgeline that got posted this week. It looks more like a truck than the artist's drawing (fortunately). Looks like it can still tow.

Next-Generation Honda Ridgeline Prototype Spied Roaming
For "spy" photos of an actual Ridgeline prototype (or pre-production unit, or some other form of test mule, but likely with production-style bodywork) see that link or these other recent articles:
Spied: 2016 Honda Ridgeline
2016 Honda Ridgeline Spied Testing with a Trailer

Quote:
The PickupTrucks.com link above shows the (disguised) new Ridgeline with a new Colorado/Canyon; there's not much difference in size, and that means about Tacoma-sized... but likely wider than a Tacoma.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:42 PM   #29

Trailer: 2013 17B, 2011 Honda Ridgeline
Interesting commentary on the Ridgeline. There are two here in Travellers Resort (Winnipeg) both pulling 17ft trailers..one a slab style and us with our Escape. Talking to the Alberta owners they confirm total satisfaction with theirs. Our own experience on this trip (currently 11 weeks) and our last (5 weeks), has taken us to all elevations, all terrains and all road types. Easily handles it all, with comfort to boot! So if one is looking for a used truck it might be an option. That deep storage in the box is only useful when the truck box is empty otherwise it's a pain in the back to lift the lid! Haven't opened ours since March due to all the boxes on top ( 4 seasons of clothing, boots, lawn chairs, etc etc. ) Fuel is 400 km/50 litres (you guys do the math), but in N. Dakota I could have saved a $1. a gallon if I had bought E85 (which I didn't as I've heard so many scare stories of E85)...I always buy 89 or 91 (octane) when towing but regular 87 when no tow. Definitely not a F150 or Ram....and I wouldn't trade! Wife loves to drive the Ridgeline as well...bonus. I definitely will be looking out for the reintroduced Ridgeline. P.S., we used to tow a Boler with a Ford Escape and it was excellent. We were very disappointed with the "reintroduced" Ford Escape and the dropping of the V6 for only a 4 cylinder.
bolerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:50 PM   #30

Wondering what the new Ridgeline will look like? Here's a photo of Honda's race version

... but then, the photo without the body shows that it's really a pure off-road race car from LaFortune... with a Honda IndyCar race engine and no relationship to any Honda.

The Race Vehicle » Honda Off-Road
Oh well, maybe the bodywork hints at what the real Ridgeline will look like.
Attached Thumbnails
honda-off-road-racing-10_half.jpg   honda-off-road-racing-04_half.jpg  
Old 11-20-2015, 11:04 PM   #31

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Perhaps this indicates the bodywork? I found it on the internet.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 9.03.07 PM.jpg  
Old 11-20-2015, 11:17 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Perhaps this indicates the bodywork? I found it on the internet.
LOL
The "Ridgeline" race truck is a Honda advertising tool, produced in advance of introducing the new model. It could be considered a concept, rather than a prototype of the new body but it's relevant... not just random internet speculation.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:34 PM   #33

I spent an hour today, sitting in my RAV4 in a Whole Foods parking lot, waiting while the Old Bag and Litter Bag admired overpriced carrots. To amuse myself, I observed the stream of high end cars and SUVs ( and the drivers ) entering and leaving. It was entertaining.
And, I concluded that most SUVs look more or less the same, that none made me want to run out and trade in the RAV, and that many pickup guys spend way more money than necessary. They could just take supplements.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:15 PM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
I spent an hour today, sitting in my RAV4 in a Whole Foods parking lot, waiting while the Old Bag and Litter Bag admired overpriced carrots. To amuse myself, I observed the stream of high end cars and SUVs ( and the drivers ) entering and leaving. It was entertaining.
And, I concluded that most SUVs look more or less the same, that none made me want to run out and trade in the RAV, and that many pickup guys spend way more money than necessary. They could just take supplements.
Spending more than necessary on you pickup is a hobby. Kinda like spending more than necessary on your trailer.

Most injuries injuries in old men occur because they think they are young men!
bisonbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #35

As the release approaches and the auto show unveiling nears, a better view of the upcoming Ridgeline become available (but still disguised):

The rumoured vertically split tailgate does not appear on this unit. As may be expected, the Pilot-based Ridgeline looks like a Pilot with a cargo box on the back and an extended wheelbase.

Looks fine to me, but appearance is the least of my concerns.

The image is from an article which will not generally be accessible:
Honda Ridgeline ditches flying buttress profile
Attached Thumbnails
PH-112409999 (1).jpg   PH-112409999 (7).jpg   PH-112409999.jpg  
Old 11-24-2015, 04:16 PM   #36

That's close to the pic I posted in #31
Old 01-08-2016, 02:33 PM   #37

For those awaiting the Ridgeline, the wait - at least for a real example if not the ability to buy one - is almost over. The unveiling is Monday, January 11, at the Detroit Auto Show (so lots of information should be easily found by Tuesday). A "teaser" photo of the rear of the final product is attached... with a normal-looking tailgate, not the funny vertically-split thing suggested by early drawings.
Attached Thumbnails
RidgelineRearTeaser.jpg  
Old 01-15-2016, 12:40 PM   #38

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Jan. 15: I just got the email from Honda. Here's the 2017 Ridgeline (coming - spring, 2016 - go figure!):

All-New Ridgeline - Official Site
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:47 PM   #39

Great. It has an audio system in the truck bed.
Can it tow anything?
Are they selling a truck?
Old 01-15-2016, 12:50 PM   #40

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Great. It has an audio system in the truck bed.
Can it tow anything?
Are they selling a truck?
The sound system has a "sampled-sounds" module, with Anderson hitch noises programmed in, so it sounds to all the world like it's towing.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote