It's official - Tow is On The Way - Page 17 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-12-2015, 07:56 PM   #161
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 6,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
The dealer called me just a while ago to let me know that one of them arrived. I pick it up tomorrow, just in time for our Sunday departure. THRILLED. No rental truck.
Since I believe things happen for a reason, this was meant to be
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:08 PM   #162
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Since I believe things happen for a reason, this was meant to be
Spot on. I believe that too.
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:58 PM   #163
Senior Member
 
dfandrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A - "The Pullman"
Posts: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Spot on. I believe that too.
Absolutely, yes. And, it will be a wonderful trip!

And Robert, I am just amazed that you're not too excited to be able to sit and type these responses. Or are you standing, and maybe jumping up and down.
__________________
Don & Teresa
2015 17A: 2011 Honda Pilot
RLTW
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:02 PM   #164
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Absolutely, yes. And, it will be a wonderful trip!

And Robert, I am just amazed that you're not too excited to be able to sit and type these responses. Or are you standing, and maybe jumping up and down.
I am very excited, but for some reason I am very calm too. Wife says I'm acting weird...
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:07 PM   #165
Senior Member
 
dfandrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A - "The Pullman"
Posts: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I am very excited, but for some reason I am very calm too. Wife says I'm acting weird...
Maybe it's the kid that's still in us.

I think I'd be pacing the floor non-stop. WHew.
__________________
Don & Teresa
2015 17A: 2011 Honda Pilot
RLTW
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:12 PM   #166
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Bandera, Texas
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Posts: 136
Dude, you must be living right! Fantastic. Congrats and I am sure you are thrilled.
MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:12 PM   #167
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Posts: 997
I kind of had the feeling that your truck was going to show up at the last minute. They have been making them for a while in Dearborn and they just got the line up and running in KC around the 1st of February. Now for a gentle break in on the way up and to get comfortable with it. For some reason I do not feel comfortable driving vehicles that I do not own and have rarely test driven a vehicle that I have bought new. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:27 PM   #168
Member
 
chris valenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: poulsbo, Washington
Trailer: 2015 19ft
Posts: 34
Enjoy!
chris valenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:31 PM   #169
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
I kind of had the feeling that your truck was going to show up at the last minute. They have been making them for a while in Dearborn and they just got the line up and running in KC around the 1st of February. Now for a gentle break in on the way up and to get comfortable with it. For some reason I do not feel comfortable driving vehicles that I do not own and have rarely test driven a vehicle that I have bought new. Loren
Yes Loren, I'm very happy it won't be the rented truck, even though it would have also been a 2015 F150. I don't even notice when I'm driving a rental, since I do it pretty much every week on business, but I just didn't want to tow with one. It'll have about 2300 miles on it once we reach Chilliwack, and we intend to take 5 days to get there -- nice and slow.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:44 PM   #170
Senior Member
 
bisonbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Windham, CT, Connecticut
Trailer: Escape 21
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Yes Loren, I'm very happy it won't be the rented truck, even though it would have also been a 2015 F150. I don't even notice when I'm driving a rental, since I do it pretty much every week on business, but I just didn't want to tow with one. It'll have about 2300 miles on it once we reach Chilliwack, and we intend to take 5 days to get there -- nice and slow.
I hear it's hard to go nice and slow with a 2.7 EB.
__________________

__________________
Bill and Ann-Marie

Think BIG from the start, its the same effort!
bisonbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.