Nissan Frontier Hitch? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2015, 03:15 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Nissan Frontier Hitch?

We are in the process of buying a 2014 Escape 5.0TA. What make and model hitch do you recommend for a Nissan Frontier?

Thanks
D&R_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
ETI sells the Pro Series 15K by Reese for this trailer. While not the largest, heaviest, hitch it is probably still overkill for this light of a trailer. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Doug
Old 02-17-2015, 03:38 PM   #3

Trailer: none
We are using the B&W Patriot because it has a good deal of flexibility...can move the hitch head 4" forward or backward when installing it. This was helpful since we have the Frontier short bed (5') Crew Cab. Plus it is not too heavy to remove from the truck when the season is over or we want to use the truck bed for something else but it is more than enough for the Escape.
We got ours from Amazon:
http://smile.amazon.com/Trailer-Hitc...B08VX40RM5B7PH
Sold both 7/22
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:42 PM   #4

Trailer: none
Here is a description of the Patriot:
B&W Patriot 5th wheel hitch part # 3200 is a new hitch that is designed to mount using standard fifth wheel hitch rails. It attaches using four pins just like other brands of hitches and includes the great features of B&W's Companion. The center head has full articulation, and be set at four height settings, and two coupler positions. The rear coupler position is chosen it repositions the pivot point four inches behind center to add extra clearance between the cab and trailer. The Patriot has an easy to operate swing action cam handle with 3/4" locking jaws for a strong worry free connection. The hitch is sold in a complete kit that ships out in two boxes. B&W also offers mounting rails and custom fit brackets for vehicles that do not already have them installed.
Sold both 7/22
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:06 PM   #5

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I use an F150 not a Frontier but went with the B&W Patriot also after posing the question on rv.net. Come to think of it, everyone was happy with whatever they had, didn't hear a bad word about any of them. B&W owners were like Escape owners, more enthusiastic.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:06 PM   #6

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
This is a somewhat popular topic (threads with when they started):
5.0 Hitch: Curt vs Reese (Jun 2013)
Towing in the Frontier (Jul 2013)
Let's discuss hitches - specifically 5th wheel (Sep 2013)
Towing 5.0 with Frontier? (Sep 2013)
5th wheel hitch (Apr 2014)
Dakota 5th wheel hitch options (Jul 2014)

Some of these discussions have a lot of content about the truck(s), but there's still lots specifically about the hitches.

I think you'll see a lot of duplication, and this can be useful because the important themes should appear.

Not much about these hitches is specific to the truck, in part because most of them mount to the same style of rails on the box floor, which in turn are bracketed to the frame.

Also, this one is long and most of it is not about the hitch, but the hitch is mentioned:
Making the switch from 21' to 5.0TA (Apr 2014)
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:01 PM   #7

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Like Fran and Dave and Bob I went for the B&W Patriot, although I got an F150, but wanted a Frontier would have had the same in a Frontier. It was easy to set up and got it right first time. It's fairly light with its two pieces to lift in and out when bed needed. The other benefit was knowing it was made in the US when I brought it across the border I knew I would only have to pay the tax but no duty!

I bought it from Amazon.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:18 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by D&R_MA View Post
We are in the process of buying a 2014 Escape 5.0TA. What make and model hitch do you recommend for a Nissan Frontier?

Thanks
Hi: D&R_MA... We kept the hitch we had in the GMC we got with our 5.0. We already owned it so why not. It is a Husky EZRoller slider hitch but with the long bed crew cab 4X4 Frontier we have never needed to slide it... well almost never The 5.0 Escape had a shorter pin box...oops!!!
BTW Congrats on the 5.0TA if you got it!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
FMB Florida for now
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:40 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Thanks to all who have responded

Thanks to all who have responded. While we haven't gotten a hitch yet, I have a much better idea of what needs to be done. The list of past threads was especially helpful.

We still have a Scamp 19 to sell before we can hook up the TA. I'll let you know when we are up and running. We're looking forward to the upgrade.

David
D&R_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:08 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA on order. Tug 2016 Colorado Duramax
Have a serious look at the Andersen ultimate.Awesome hitch; light, strong, quiet, clean, uses less space, quiet.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:20 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D&R_SC View Post
Thanks to all who have responded. While we haven't gotten a hitch yet, I have a much better idea of what needs to be done. The list of past threads was especially helpful.

We still have a Scamp 19 to sell before we can hook up the TA. I'll let you know when we are up and running. We're looking forward to the upgrade.

David
I too switched from a Scamp 19 to a 2014 5.0 TA what a difference! Double axle tows smoother, more room without being huge...enjoy! Ours came with an Anderson rail mount hitch if you are used to the scamp set up consider this hitch. I love that it is light and easy to remove from the truck...pick it up with one hand.
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:20 PM   #12

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Note this thread is nearly four years old and OP bought his 2014 5.0TA then sold it recently.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:26 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Note this thread is nearly four years old and OP bought his 2014 5.0TA then sold it recently.
Gollee will ya look at that! Thanks.
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote