Parkit360 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Parkit360

Our 19' will be delivered soon, so I'm moving forward on the purchase of a Parkit360. Our pad for the trailer is at a right angle to the driveway and through a gate, so I need a tug to manuever it into final position.

It's expensive, but seems to be the right (only?) tool for the the job.

I'll post a review after a few sessions with it….more to come.

Cheers,
RB
NorTexCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
If it what you need to get the job done, then it is worthwhile. Give us a review when you get to try the combo out.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
We have the Parkit360M. At the time it was an upgrade to get the 1.5amp motor, but that is now standard. We also chose the wide tires, brake controller and battery box. The brake controller wasn't really required for our application but highly recommended if there is a significant slope. It has worked perfectly for us and means we can store it in our yard and still have access to the door. As we pull it in with the Parkit, it means that an added benefit is security. It seems noisy to use and for a tall person it does not have a long enough handle. We do like it and are happy we have it. The wide tires help as it is pulled through course gravel.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
what does the Parkit360M weigh?
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #5

Thanks for the feedback donandbea… I also bought the trailer brake accessory and battery box.
I bought the P360L rated for 9,800lbs … total overkill for the Escape, but it was only $80 more, so I thought it might be a good resell plan (…lot's of horse trailers in this part of the state). Plus, I have a slight grade, which this unit will handle with ease.

J Mac, the unit weighs 67 lbs according to the specs on the website.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #6

We took delivery of our Escape 19 on Sunday, July 7th. We received the Parkit 360 a couple days prior, so it gave me time to put it together (about 20min, taking my time) and buy a battery.

The unit is well made, not mil spec, but very logical and no cheesy parts… works as described and I'm happy with the performance. There's no other way I could park the trailer in this spot without this dolly, so I love it.
Here's some notes -
- I had planned to use the ball hitch to move the trailer, but on closer inspection found it easier to use the tongue jack. The instructions on the ball hitch highlights the need to really have the thrust washer as tight as possible, which means there's a risk that the unit can come off the hitch, or at least shift, if not really cranked down… that bothered me, but no worries, because you have the option to take off the ball hitch and have the tongue jack slide right into the receiver.
Next, I realized that I should have omitted the onboard battery and powered the unit via the trailer battery. The instructions say to lower the tongue jack down as far as possible (when using this method to connect the Parkit360 to the trailer) to relieve the horizontal stress, but the onboard battery box prevents me from lowering it very much. The tongue jack is pretty high when I move the trailer.
I mentioned we have a slight grade to the driveway and it increases the further down the driveway you get from the house. The Parkit360 had no problem with this.
My only goof up was that I stopped to take a look at where the rear of the trailer was, so I set the brake. When I got back on the unit I started again without releasing the brakes (powers the trailer brakes)… it didn't like that, but it tried really hard to move that trailer with the brakes on… "check. brake control works… really good."
I don't plan on taking a video or anything, but would be happy to if someone really wanted to see it… there's some on YouTube already.

Cheers,
RB
Old 07-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #7

Good review, RB.

I would not worry with using the hitch though, as you will likely have more weight on it than you could ever lift or bounce off anyway. Most RV shops use forklifts, and never even bother to lock the hitch down.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #8

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I would not worry with using the hitch though, as you will likely have more weight on it than you could ever lift or bounce off anyway. Most RV shops use forklifts, and never even bother to lock the hitch down.
I think the difference is that the forklift doesn't tip over (hopefully), while the Parkit360 has only two wheels and is always trying to tip forward or backward and rip itself out of the coupler in reaction to drive force.

This design makes sense to me, but would be better on a post-and-socket connection to the trailer (which only allows rotation in the axis needed for steering) than a ball-and socket. Putting the trailer's tongue jack into the Parkit360, or using theirTelescopic Hitch Adapter, would give a post-and-socket connection.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #9

Trailer: 17
Thanks for taking the time to share your review RB
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #10

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I think the difference is that the forklift doesn't tip over (hopefully), while the Parkit360 has only two wheels and is always trying to tip forward or backward and rip itself out of the coupler in reaction to drive force.

This design makes sense to me, but would be better on a post-and-socket connection to the trailer (which only allows rotation in the axis needed for steering) than a ball-and socket. Putting the trailer's tongue jack into the Parkit360, or using theirTelescopic Hitch Adapter, would give a post-and-socket connection.
The trailer dolly I have for my Escape 19' uses the post and socket design which is very strong, stable and safe. It is the model AC6 made by All Wheel Drive AC Powered Trailer Dolly. I really like it.
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
The trailer dolly I have for my Escape 19' uses the post and socket design which is very strong, stable and safe. It is the model AC6 made by All Wheel Drive AC Powered Trailer Dolly. I really like it.
That looks like a good unit for its intended purpose, and would certainly make a tight turn. I definitely would not worry with it or the Parkit360 as far as any overturning goes, especially considering it is what is creating the movement.

Now, if something like that was being pushed on.........
Old 07-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #12

Parkit360 for sale

Live in Prince George, B.C. I have one of the smaller Parkit360's for sale. Open to offers.

Don
donwesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:07 AM   #13

Trailer: Scamp 16, TV Rav4 V6
As i read about this i was wondering if a a lawn tractor can jockey/position a camper around a driveway. I have three vintage lawn tractors, 2 wheel horse and a cub cadet all early 70`s. I use it to pull utility trailers around the house with no issues. Carl
civi is offline   Reply With Quote