Question about 5.0TA - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-27-2019, 05:50 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I use a 8' ladder and one of these truck/car brushes to reach the center of the trailer to clean
Attached Thumbnails
71vd8GzMq7L._SL1500_.jpg  
Old 02-27-2019, 05:54 AM   #22

Here is a picture of the safety step ladder with handles
Attached Thumbnails
werner-platform-ladders-pdia06-64_1000.jpg  
Old 02-27-2019, 08:28 AM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Thanks Kent, that's exactly what I'm looking at. First I need to make certain Ten Forward is parked on the flats. My driveway isn't...
Hurry up and buy one and provide a review! I have a little giant I was planning to use for the spring wash and wax but wonder if the scaffolding would be better.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:03 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Donna, would this work for you? 6 foot high with adjustable platform and you can put two together with outriggers for 12 foot height. If one interests you make sure you get one with trap door instead of climbing up on one of the sides.

Do a search on Portable Scaffolding many models out there. The two pictured can be purchased at Home Depot under the name MetalTech.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Building...5yc1vZaqfmZbds
Donna, on the more professional duty scaffolding you can get feet that have a big screw jack on them to level out the scaffolding so you don't have to worry about being level.
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:27 AM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
The plan right now is to tear down and rebuild the carport this summer. I'm approaching $3200 total in storage fees for Ten Forward, and it sits outside in the rain and sun. There's level asphalt under the carport, so I would leave the scaffolding setup and just roll it around underneath. I washed and waxed the Scamp under the carport, hope to do the same with Ten Forward.

So much to do, so little time....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:31 AM   #26

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Send a message via MSN to kwthere Send a message via Yahoo to kwthere
I have a 2015 5.0TA pulled by a 2002 F350 with 8' bed. As my rig had been hitching with a gooseneck ball, I had ETI install a gooseneck adapter to my trailer at the factory. I found that I had to replace the tailgate with a fabric tailgate, as the tailgate would not open when hitched. I like the gooseneck hitch - as it is easy to convert the pickup bed for hauling.
kwthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #27

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
We moved from a Casita17 SD to a 5.0 last August. Having never pulled a 5th wheel before was not sure how it would Handle. Never know it is back there feels like a part of the truck. I think it is much easier to hook up compared to our Casita bumper hitch pluse we have a full 21 feet of room inside. On a side note our one and three year old Grandkids love climbing up stairs to the bed, just have to make sure they are careful comming back down.
Bob and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:35 PM   #28

Trailer: 5.0 TA 2017 Taj MaSmall
Some of us who have a 5' bed in Canyon/Colorado simply have the center of the rails for the Andersen Ultimate moved about 6" from over the axle toward the tailgate. As mentioned by Brian BP the kin pin weight of the 5.0TA is slight in comparison to a monster 5th wheel; mounting the hitch center point over the axle is just not necessary for this camper.
The hitch weight limit is like 700# (behind the bumper) in a modern pickup so moving the center point of the goose neck rails from over the axle to 6" toward the tailgate doesn't affect anything except you get to comfortably walk behind the lowered gate and the camper. The "squat" when I lower mine on the hitch is 1.5".
Been towing that setup for thousands of miles. Just have the hitch mounted so you can comfortably walk behind the lowered gate and save yourself years of unnecessary and awkward discomfort.
Happy camping. Bob N Judy
Bobnjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:47 AM   #29

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Hi Jake,
I'm a big fan of route cause analysis... Therefore I believe that a purchase of a new trailer, TV or curtains, etc. will not solve your problem. Instead, either your wife and yourself need to find more suitable rving partners or accept your differences and enjoy...

Just saying
Larry
Stargeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 03:59 AM   #30

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Whoops... "route" should be "root", but I must be excused because it's 2:00 am and I'm waiting for the sky to clear enough to observe a comet around Ursa Major... but not to worry because I think I'm on my second Johnnie Walker Black, so even if the sky does not clear... the evening is getting better
Stargeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:38 AM   #31

Someone is going to have a hard time getting up today....stay well Larry and stop those outside showers.....