Ridgeline owners - what is your hitch setup? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Old 11-12-2015, 03:23 PM   #31
Originally Posted by bisonbill View Post
I haven't been in a Frontier in a while, I'll have to go look. As far as I can tell from the images in the reviews, the seat bottoms in the new Tacoma fold forward (which usually means I can't put the seat back far enough) and don't leave a flat floor. The Colorado seats fold up on the back wall like the Ridgeline, but there is a non-removable storage/support system so the floor isn't big dog friendly.
Hi: bisonbill... In our 2010 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed... the rear seats fold every way... backs down... bottoms up... and the storage bins under the 60/40 seats are removable for a more flat floor. The pass. seat back even folds forward to carry larger things inside the cab. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #32
Trailer: 2005 T@B Moving to 21' Escape
All, thanks for all the input on driving the Ridgeline and your hitch setups. Mine Ridgeline is a 2006 and I have driven 20,000+ miles pulling a smaller T@B trailer and a 17' boat. The later being quite a bit heavier.

I did some measurements with a 350lb tongue weight the hitch drops about 1.25". The top of the stinger sits at 16.5" without any load. Given ETI has told me the 21' should sit at 19". That adds up to a ball mount with a 3.75" rise (19"-15.25"). Given the 21' will probably be around 425-450lb tongue weight I am planning on a 4" rise. Does this match what other Ridgeline owners have needed for the ball mount? Thanks again.

slloyd47 is offline   Reply With Quote

21', hitch, honda, ridgeline