Tandem axle weight sharing - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2015, 09:53 AM   #11

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21
weight sharing on axles

Due to our numerous trips to Oregon I have taken advantage of their scales that are not shut down when closed. I love that. On our 19 and the 21 I pull on the scales and weigh each of the tires and also the complete trailer and the jeep by itself. I also use my tongue scale at home so I feel the weight and balance is good, just like in an aircraft. I find my axles are close to equal and left and right is also close to equal. Maybe thats why my tires last a long time and lots of miles. Reminds me, leaving in a few days, better check the tire pressures.
Jack

azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:51 AM   #12

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - 2016 Ram 1500 Up for Sale Soon 19k mi
From Jack
"Due to our numerous trips to Oregon I have taken advantage of their scales that are not shut down when closed. I love that. On our 19 and the 21 I pull on the scales and weigh each of the tires and also the complete trailer and the jeep by itself. I also use my tongue scale at home so I feel the weight and balance is good, just like in an aircraft. I find my axles are close to equal and left and right is also close to equal. Maybe thats why my tires last a long time and lots of miles. "

Jack your reporting on the balance of your 21ft is good news. It's a good starting point for me. I plan on weighing mine once its travel ready since I need to install the 12v/120v 6.7 Nova Kool upon arriving home in Anaheim. The data I get at the scales will better tell me the battery arrangement ( close to the axles ) I need as well as anything else I might do in the years to come.

One other comment regarding this and the FiberglassRV forum, it has a wealth of educated information from people that really know their stuff, my hat off to the Brian and Robert as well as others that contribute and educate the rest of us - Thank you all.

Santiago

Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote