Tire pressure monitoring systems - Page 11 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2020, 08:21 AM   #201
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenestrator View Post
I can also vouch for the cheap TPMS. It's served well through over a year of full-timing. Mine was a different brand but looked identical, almost certainly the same thing with a different label. When I upsized to a Bigfoot I found Amazon didn't sell the exact one I'd ordered any more, but I got this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TSXXZJM which seems to be a newer revision. So far it's worked well for 3-4 months.
This is info I gleaned from the link, if it's important to you:

"... Be aware that 62 PSI is the max Limit on this Model. They do offer a 80 PSI max Limit Model."
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:32 AM   #202

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
If you’re referring to the TPMS I mentioned in post #192, yes it’s still working.
Just because it’s easier to do at home, I replaced the four monitor batteries in preparation for camping season.
$6 for a pack of 5 batteries.

Ed
Thanks Ed. I bought the one with a relay just in case I needed it. Hooked everything up in about 15 minutes and it works great. I'm going to disconnect the relay and see if it still works and not use it unless its needed. Probably could have saved a few dollars for a six pack of beer by not getting the relay after seeing that it works without one. Oh well.
Brian
lostskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:44 AM   #203

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
This is info I gleaned from the link, if it's important to you:

"... Be aware that 62 PSI is the max Limit on this Model. They do offer a 80 PSI max Limit Model."
Thanks for posting.

We'll be purchasing the 116 psi version when we get home.

Didn't find an 80 psi version, but perhaps someone will post a link to the 80 psi version so we can purchase that version when we get home.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 03-28-2020, 06:48 AM   #204

Trailer: sold Airstream\Casita -2019 21' Escape
Installed the TireMinder Solar TPMS ($130). Display readable but does go dim after so many seconds but can be refreshed with a push of a button. Wasn't sure where I wanted to mount the receiver so I just plug it into a 12v outlet before driving.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2632.jpg   IMG_2633.jpg  
jumboscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 09:56 AM   #205

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17B
I bought this one. https://www.amazon.com/Tymate-Wirele.../dp/B07HNPQ4X3. I like the simple small form factor and no mounting worries. Since our tow vehicle is also a daily driver I can unplug it and store in the glove box or trailer to be used only for camping trips. I just got it so haven't confirmed yet if it will have enough range for our 17b although at least one reviewer was using it on their travel trailer. I will know if it works by next week when we head to Oregon.
flynfrfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:46 PM   #206

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17B
Travelled for about 4hrs today. The Tymate tpms worked perfect the whole way. Tire pressure started at 50psi cold and stabilized at 58psi during the trip.
flynfrfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 01:14 PM   #207

Trailer: 2022 Keystone Cougar 29RLKWE & RAM 2500
I just bought the TST system. I put external sensors (not flow thru) on my F-150 (including flow thru on the spare tire) and on my 21C tires.

TST has a system where by you put a flow thru sensor on the spare with a tube that runs to a mount and fitting that's placed near the rear bumper. If the spare tire pressure gets low you don't have to lower the spare from under the truck to inflate it. You inflate the spare via the fitting at the rear of the truck.

Has anyone checked the balance on their Escape trailer tires after installation of the external sensors? TST says rebalance is an owner preference.
dlakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 01:23 PM   #208
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumboscott View Post
Installed the TireMinder Solar TPMS ($130). Wasn't sure where I wanted to mount the receiver so I just plug it into a 12v outlet before driving.
These days with so many things available to plug into a vehicles power source, I'm finding I'm frequently running short of viable outlets and ports. Kinda like being a pirate.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote