Tire pressure monitoring systems - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2016, 07:04 PM   #81

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
TST is one of the systems used by quite a number of over the road truckers, so would guess if they are used extensively on big rigs you most likely had something odd going on, Tom.
Probably, most of these systems are pretty good nowadays given the advances in wireless technologies.
I'd be surprised if the wireless fridge monitors were any issue. I have one and it didn't cause any issues with the factory sensors in my Nissan truck.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:07 PM   #82

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
TST is the system many people were using over on the Casita forum several years ago. Many people seemed happy with it so I tried it. I had problems with losing the signal and having false alarms. It may have been because of the distance between the sensors and my receiver because if the length of my truck. I ended up returning it and purchasing the Dill that has a external antenna. Also the sensor on the end of the valve stem stuck out pass the wheel a little and just looked like it could be hit. Its more work to install the Dill but from my experience I found it more reliable.

They may have made improvements in the sensors since I tried it about 6 years ago.
Hi Tom talked to one of the owners of TST today . The wireless frig moniters and I also have the Voyager wireless back up camera . There will be no problem with those . I can't tell you about Tada brother backup camera Escape is using . If someone has that they need to call and check . My problem will be my Atomic clock . No bigger . You could remove the batteries or what I will do remove clock . Also if you are parked next to someone using that same frequency it will cut out the readings . However if someone is say passing you on the road because you are moving it won't affect you . In the future this will get solved . I am just going to get standard right now so I won't need to change my valves at all . The flow throughs are heavier and longer that is why you have to have metal valves . The standard I can just use my rubber valves and they will supply you and support you if you need some new o rings , removing and replacing . He said if you just screw on to tight , there should not be a problem , but they will take care of you if you have a problem . Very nice of owner to call me and answer all my questions . So I will order here soon . The previous poster Thankyou for the information you also gave . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:06 PM   #83
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
I have the TST standard system without the flow-thru sensors. I have the ones that attach to the valve stems with the goofy wrench and have the user-replaceable batteries. Moved them from my Casita to the 21 and have had zero problems with any interference issues, including the TADI bros rear view camera. Receiver has been mounted to the inside of the rear window in my Taco for almost 2 years using VHB tape - no problems.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:29 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
I have the TST standard system without the flow-thru sensors. I have the ones that attach to the valve stems with the goofy wrench and have the user-replaceable batteries. Moved them from my Casita to the 21 and have had zero problems with any interference issues, including the TADI bros rear view camera. Receiver has been mounted to the inside of the rear window in my Taco for almost 2 years using VHB tape - no problems.
Good to know . I just have to remove the Atomic clock . Pat
Old 03-31-2016, 08:46 AM   #85

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Maybe that was my problem. I did not try it in the rear window and tried putting in in the front windshield and in the center console.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:52 PM   #86

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
I bought a TireTraker TT-500 with 4 sensors before my last trip. On the trip, the only problem we found was that the tire pressure settings were a little low so that I got some false high-pressure alarms. When I installed it, I pumped the tires to 50 psi then installed the sensors and checked the pressures. There was some variation between tires so I adjusted the settings to match what the sensors reported for each tire. The ones that were set a little lower, 46 psi, triggered high pressure alarms, 60 psi, while traveling. I adjusted the pressure settings to 50 psi on each tire and had no more false alarms.

The manual for the TT-500 says to only charge with the included 12v cigarette lighter plug and cable, which looks like a regular USB cable. I tried to use a regular USB charger but it failed to charge the TT-500 sufficiently, and I got a low battery alarm. After I charged with the included plug and cable, the device no longer showed a low battery, so it appears it really matters what you plug the cable into.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:35 PM   #87

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
I bought the Dill aftermarket system from Tire Rack. It uses OEM style sensors in the wheel.and includes a remote antenna. I will be installing it in the next few days. So far I am very impressed with the quality. I like not having sensors on the external of valve stems. Downside is eventually sensors will have to be replaced.

https://www.tirerack.com/tpms/detail...market+Systems
Attached Thumbnails
4wheeltpms_440px.jpg  

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:50 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
I bought the Dill aftermarket system from Tire Rack. It uses OEM style sensors in the wheel.and includes a remote antenna. I will be installing it in the next few days. So far I am very impressed with the quality. I like not having sensors on the external of valve stems. Downside is eventually sensors will have to be replaced.

https://www.tirerack.com/tpms/detail...market+Systems
That's the same one I have installed. They have upgraded the monitor since our original one. New one reads both pressure and temp at the same time as it rotates through the tires. We just got back from a trip to Florida and it worked great.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:16 AM   #89

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
We

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
That's the same one I have installed. They have upgraded the monitor since our original one. New one reads both pressure and temp at the same time as it rotates through the tires. We just got back from a trip to Florida and it worked great.
Good to hear. The wife thinks it's another gadget. She doesn't notice the trailers I see along the road with a shreded tire. I still remember passing a 1/2 of a manufactured home that was sitting along the freeway burning. Fire started from flat tire.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:31 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
Good to hear. The wife thinks it's another gadget. She doesn't notice the trailers I see along the road with a shreded tire. I still remember passing a 1/2 of a manufactured home that was sitting along the freeway burning. Fire started from flat tire.
It is just another gadget but hey, guys like gadgets.

My wife complains about all my wires. I just explained that this was for her safety.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:27 PM   #91

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
I noticed that before I installed my TPMS, I usually had to add about 5 psi to each tire after the trailer had sat for a few months. After I installed a (non flow through ) sensor, I no longer have to add air. Could it be that the valves on the trailer tires leaked but the sensors don't?
Old 08-23-2017, 01:45 PM   #92
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
I noticed that before I installed my TPMS, I usually had to add about 5 psi to each tire after the trailer had sat for a few months. After I installed a (non flow through ) sensor, I no longer have to add air. Could it be that the valves on the trailer tires leaked but the sensors don't?
Quite possible as the sensor has an o-ring seal. Good news is that the valve rubber seal itself must work fine.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 08-23-2017, 01:55 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
We have experienced the same . So far we haven't removed the sensors to save on batteries because they hold air like they never did before . We bought the non flo-through as suggested but Charley(tractors1)Pat
Old 08-23-2017, 01:58 PM   #94
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
We have experienced the same . So far we haven't removed the sensors to save on batteries because they hold air like they never did before . We bought the non flo-through as suggested but Charley(tractors1)Pat
I found the user-replaceable batteries last about 2 years unless you unscrew them (which turns off the transmitting) but being lazy, I just replace them as a New Years resolution. Easier than adding air every time I want to go camp.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 08-23-2017, 02:06 PM   #95

Quote:
I found the user-replaceable batteries last about 2 years unless you unscrew them (which turns off the transmitting) but being lazy, I just replace them as a New Years resolution. Easier than adding air every time I want to go camp.
Great system Charley . Thankyou ! Pat
Old 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM   #96

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
TST Non-Flowthrough

For those that have the TST non-flow through system, do the sensors stay calibrated, tuned, or properly adjusted when removed and returned to the stem? Or, does the set-up process need to be repeated? This is assuming the sensors are marked and returned to the correct wheel position.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:46 PM   #97
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
For those that have the TST non-flow through system, do the sensors stay calibrated, tuned, or properly adjusted when removed and returned to the stem? Or, does the set-up process need to be repeated? This is assuming the sensors are marked and returned to the correct wheel position.
Each sensor has a unique ID, and once I paired them to the monitor, everything is recognized once I screw the sensors back on the valves. The monitor is only powered when towing, so apparently the pairing is stored in non-volatile RAM as the battery poops out eventually.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 02-19-2018, 06:08 PM   #98

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
Quote:
Each sensor has a unique ID, and once I paired them to the monitor, everything is recognized once I screw the sensors back on the valves. The monitor is only powered when towing, so apparently the pairing is stored in non-volatile RAM as the battery poops out eventually.
Excellent Charlie! Thank-You!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #99

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Have been very happy with the TST ; one thing to consider is the locking feature is essentially a housing around the screw on unit and is easily defeated(tire guy removed without tool). The larger diameter with that housing is such that it can mar the finish on the wheels just below the valve stem. So I removed the outer housing and prefer the lower profile.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:34 PM   #100

Trailer: '15 Escape 5.0 TA
We bought this system from Amazon and we are very happy with it, and the price was right! https://www.amazon.com/CACAGOO-Monit.../dp/B074WKVG6J
"How can I be lost, if I have no place to go"
t-twnbob is offline   Reply With Quote