Tonneau cover for Nissan Frontier - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Old 04-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #11
Re: Tonneau cover for Nissan Frontier

Originally Posted by jopoelma
I think our paths crossed about 2:00 pm last Sunday. You were northbound at mile marker 70 on I-77 and I was Southbound. If so I caught my first ever glimpse of a real Escape 5.0. Told my wife Pat that it was the "Hokie Escape". She said...well I won't say exactly what she said but something about "nuts". My Escape is a plain Jane standard version with extra insulation and glass completed a while back and still being "torture tested" with Chilliwack snow and ice. Hopefully we will have it soon. Cataloochee campground in the Smokies will host the commissioning event for "Smokie Escape". I have a small Green Egg smoker ready to travel with Smokie Escape. If there already is a "Smokie Escape" you forum guys need to speak up and I will revise the title. This probably needs to go to general discussion. Jeff Z or GB advise as required. Thanks again for the comments. This is a nice forum.
Joe Poelma
Joe, YOU were right....your wife was...well, she was....well, she just doesn't know Escaper's Yet! We were on our way back home from a weekend with 2 of the grands, catching 18 good sized stripped bass on Lake Hartwell, which lies between SC and GA. Smokie Escape sounds great! And Cataloochee sounds like a good place to start....are you having it trailered to you, or are you going to Chillewack. You can answer on my email....guess this is off subject now..except when I say...well, I don't have a tonneau cover! (OK, that gets us back on subject : - ) )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LakeHartwell-1.jpg (54.9 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg LakeHartwell2.jpg (50.2 KB, 65 views)

"In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice. In the morning, I will offer my prayer to you, and wait in expectation" Ps 5:3
'11 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab (5' bed) 09 Escape 5.0
Blacksburg, Virginia (Home of the Virginia Tech Hokies)
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #12
Re: Tonneau cover for Nissan Frontier

Pat and I were returning from a trip to Stone Mountain. I was performing a "tonneau cover test" and checking mileage for the Frontier. 7K on it and at cruise controlled 68 MPH, the average MPG is 21.4. Work schedule has us all fouled up regarding delivery. We will have it sent to somewhere on I-90 north of here and will pick it up from there. When I am not sure of. Thanks to Tammy for being patient with us. Thanks for the kind words. J Mac thanks for the tip but I found one for 350.
Joe Poelma

jopoelma is offline   Reply With Quote