Towing 17B - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #41
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 13,664
An upsize would be going from one size to bigger one, with the same interior. An upgrade would be going from one interior to another, different, and preferably better interior. Thus one can upgrade and still remain with the same size and one can upsize and still remain with the same interior. With an Escape it is almost impossible to upsize without upgrading and almost impossible to not upgrade while not upsizing as each year they improve their products via changes. Sometimes they make changes while still in production for the same year. It's called progress. That is my $.02 worth this am.
__________________

__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ?, Arizona
Trailer: ?
Posts: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
An upsize would be going from one size to bigger one, with the same interior. An upgrade would be going from one interior to another, different, and preferably better interior. Thus one can upgrade and still remain with the same size and one can upsize and still remain with the same interior. With an Escape it is almost impossible to upsize without upgrading and almost impossible to not upgrade while not upsizing as each year they improve their products via changes. Sometimes they make changes while still in production for the same year. It's called progress. That is my $.02 worth this am.
Is that US or Canadian? (And if Canadian better collect soon, they no longer make them. Does that mean C$0.02 is zero - since 2 would round down? Does that mean the phrase means "worth nothing?!")
__________________

jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:34 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
EDarby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Posts: 552
Wow, am so appreciative of all the great information you have all provided--the response has been so much more than ever expected--have learned a TON!!!

I have taken notes on just about every single post and will be researching several of the suggested TV's.

The actual purchase is probably several months away (am so glad to have these ten months leeway for TV purchase, Build Sheet decisions, organizing my life for the big get-away!!!) but I will post when I buy the vehicle.

Thank you all SO MUCH for taking the time to provide all this great information!!!
__________________
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
–– C.S. Lewis
EDarby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
... Does that mean C$0.02 is zero - since 2 would round down? Does that mean the phrase means "worth nothing?!")
The key is to collect the 2-cent pay electronically, since it is only the penny coin - not the idea of 1/100th of a dollar - which has gone out of production. I don't think credit or debit card companies like $0.02 transactions, though...
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
santacruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
The key is to collect the 2-cent pay electronically, since it is only the penny coin - not the idea of 1/100th of a dollar - which has gone out of production. I don't think credit or debit card companies like $0.02 transactions, though...
Quite the opposite. It doesn't matter to credit card companies what the amount of the transaction is, they're billing the merchant an individual transaction fee, usually .25-.30, plus whatever the rate is against the amount of the purchase. It's why you're seeing minimum purchase amounts now more and more at businesses.
__________________
2009 Tacoma Crew Cab, TRD 4WD
2007 Tundra Double Cab TRD 4WD
2014 Escape 19
2007 Norwegian Elkhound "Baxter"
santacruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
It doesn't matter to credit card companies what the amount of the transaction is, they're billing the merchant an individual transaction fee, usually .25-.30, plus whatever the rate is against the amount of the purchase.
Good point - I should have said the company being paid by credit or debit card!
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,589
Today I rode to lunch with a customer who has a 2014 4-runner. What a NICE vehicle. Mileage would be a concern perhaps but this thing would be capable of easily towing any Escape model - except the 5er of course. Probably wouldn't even know it's there.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:24 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Olympia wa, Washington
Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Posts: 1,251
i love my Highlander - tows well and also a comfortable car to drive in when not towing. I like the fact that it doesn't feel like a truck. I would prefer a smaller car but like the size when towing.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:44 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
i love my Highlander - tows well and also a comfortable car to drive in when not towing. I like the fact that it doesn't feel like a truck. I would prefer a smaller car but like the size when towing.
A Highlander is probably a perfect TV for a 17. The only one I'd maybe feel dicey about is the 21 -- and even then, its doable.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
56reader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Trailer: Escape 19
Posts: 142
There is always a honda ridgeline as a tv, it drives like a car, has lots of storage space.

Linda
__________________

56reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.