Towing a 5.0- Wheelbase Choice - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2018, 11:15 AM   #41

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
You folks towing a 5.0 with a late model F150 Crew cab with a 5.5' bed, and the Andersen Ultimate, how far back is the center of the ball in the bed from the tailgate?

Thanks,

Frank
The Andersen connection ball is 40.375" from the rear of my F150 5.5' bed or tailgate using the gooseneck version attached to a turnover ball. As Chotch stated it is the same distance regardless of bed length. For the 2017 F150 the gooseneck ball was placed in the bed 45.750" from the rear and the Andersen ball is offset 5.375" to the rear. There may be some flexibility in attaching the rail version but the turnover gooseneck hole location is quite specific.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:10 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA 2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
We have traveled for many years with up to four cats in a small fifth wheel. Initially we tried riding them in the truck when we had only one cat, but found that they much preferred settling into a cozy spot in the trailer. Check out the photo album on my profile page for some pics of them in the trailer.
Wow! I'm impressed that you're able to travel with cats. My wife and I have rescued quite a few cats over the years, and have now found ourselves running a retirement home for some of them. Health issues with a couple of them have discouraged us from taking some trips with our trailer (they need daily medical attention). Your post has me thinking that maybe we can take them with us. Thanks so much for sharing!
Rapha is offline   Reply With Quote