Toyota Frame Settlement 2005-2010 Toyota Tacoma, 2007-2008 Tundra, or 2005-2008 Sequo - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2017, 12:10 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Toyota Frame Settlement 2005-2010 Toyota Tacoma, 2007-2008 Tundra, or 2005-2008 Sequo

I know a lot of us own or have owned the vehicles involved in this rust lawsuit.

Here is the synopsis:

There is a proposed settlement that has been preliminarily approved in a class action lawsuit against Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (“Toyota”) concerning certain Toyota Tacoma, Tundra, and Sequoia vehicles. Those included in the settlement have legal rights and options and deadlines by which they must exercise them.

You are included if you bought, owned, or leased 2005-2010 Toyota Tacoma, 2007-2008 Tundra, or 2005-2008 Sequoia vehicles (see FAQ 3 for a list of eligible vehicles).

The proposed settlement provides for a free Frame Inspection and Replacement Program to determine whether your Subject Vehicle’s frame should be replaced. If the frame needs to be replaced to meet the Rust Perforation Standard, replacement will be at no cost to you. The settlement also reimburses Class Members who previously paid for frame replacement due to rust perforation that satisfies the Rust Perforation Standard and that were incurred prior to January 3, 2017.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Anybody who lives in an area where road salt is used , knew about this issue years ago. I know several individuals that had frame breaks or rear suspension failures due to rusting on relatively new vehicles . Ford had similar problems with rusting brake lines and gas tanks .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Anybody who lives in an area where road salt is used , knew about this issue years ago.
I'm not sure what you mean,folks may have known about the rust problem, but not the proposed settlement since it just now in proposed settlement phase.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:11 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
I'm not sure what you mean,folks may have known about the rust problem, but not the proposed settlement since it just now in proposed settlement phase.
I was referring to the rust problems not the settlement / recall
It was common knowledge in my area that Toyota trucks had a problem with premature rust failures including frames , suspension and body parts long before the recall notice
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote