Trailer Valet XL - solves all my narrow driveway and bad back problems - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-18-2016, 02:13 PM   #31
Member
 
Kent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Bozeman, Montana
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA In my future
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Why do you say that? There's a ton of USA dealers listed when you do a search by country. As to whether they'd have it in stock, you'd have to call 'em I guess.
Most of the time items offered in Europe are not readily available in the U.S. which is to bad as they have some nice things. Though I believe over time those things will make there way to the U.S. as evidence of the Truma Mover posted earlier.

As I'm not in the market for a trailer mover not really searching and was more of assumption based on past searches for items I would like to see in or on my future RV.

Glad to see this available in the U.S.
__________________

__________________
Previous Casita and Lazy Daze Owner and future 5.0TA owner.

"Live Life as if everything is rigged in your favor"
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:16 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
J Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Posts: 1,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
We are looking at that option for my brother. I think it would be quite doable with a regular wheeled, non - motorized dolly. The problem then is the reversing of the trailer. Relying on gravity might be an issue.
Again, JUST THINKING OUT LOUD (so to speak).
If the winch was mounted to the rear bumper of the trailer, and a 'movers' dolly was placed under the front hitch, couldn't the trailer be towed and steered into place, providing of course, an anchor point is available for the hook end. The process would have to be reversed to bring the trailer back to the starting point.
__________________

J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:46 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Why do you say that? There's a ton of USA dealers listed when you do a search by country. As to whether they'd have it in stock, you'd have to call 'em I guess.
Yep, not yet available in the States. I just heard back from one of their so-called dealers. Dang.
__________________
Laura, Dirk and Lucy & Spike (the cats)

www.UnderKittySupervision.com

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:55 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
This one would work fine on gravel. see link that I gave a few posts up.
Yeah it would and it's nicer than the Purple Line Mover in that it's not permanently installed on your trailer (from what I can figure out about it). However, it's only available in Australia! Dang! That's where the Purple Line Movers started out, however they have dealers in the US and Canada. Must be lots more rugged terrain over there, which is why these devices were developed.
__________________
Laura, Dirk and Lucy & Spike (the cats)

www.UnderKittySupervision.com

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:06 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 7,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
If you are interested in remote control operation of a trailer dolly, here is a really interesting video that I came across for a device called "Camper-Trolley CT2500-TAM (Tandem Axle Mover)".]
I like that!

Aside from the remote control, this design uses the differential drive method of steering that I mentioned earlier. According to the manual, it does steer much like a bulldozer, moving only one track at a time (to turn) or both at the same speed (to go straight forward or backward). It also has tracks, presumably to keep the height down so that it can pivot under the trailer's tongue, which makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Yeah it would and it's nicer than the Purple Line Mover in that it's not permanently installed on your trailer (from what I can figure out about it)
Right - the Camper-Trolley hooks onto a bracket which clamps onto the trailer's frame.

Unless you are using one dolly for multiple trailers around the house or shop, being permanently installed on the trailer seems like an advantage to me: it's always there whenever and where ever you want to use it, without hauling anything around. Of course, the real advantage of the built-in caravan movers is traction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
However, it's only available in Australia! Dang! That's where the Purple Line Movers started out, however they have dealers in the US and Canada. Must be lots more rugged terrain over there, which is why these devices were developed.
The Camper-Trolley might be popular in Australia due to the surfaces in some areas, but as mentioned on the Australian website they're a Danish product, by Kronings. I think the biggest reason for either style of device is the need to precisely maneouver trailers into very tight storage locations in Europe - the same reason that some Escape owners are interested in them, rather than just backing the trailer in with the tow vehicle.

Although the Australian distributor of the Camper-Trolley only sells it in Australia, the manufacturer has a distributor in Canada and one in the United States.

I think that RV owners in both Australia and much of Europe are willing to pay for relatively expensive equipment if it provides the functionality they want - more willing than RV owners in North America. I'm just guessing, but I suspect that the Australians and Europeans also replace their RVs less frequently - keep in mind, this is all RV owners, of whom Escape owners are probably not typical in some ways.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:47 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 1,538
Dang, Brian, you went through their site more than I did! Thanks for the additional info. Email sent to the USA contact, so we'll see what's what.
__________________
Laura, Dirk and Lucy & Spike (the cats)

www.UnderKittySupervision.com

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:21 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 1,538
Following is the reply I got from the guy at the US Kronings:

I am the area manager for Kronings in the USA. You can see my web site @ campertrailermover.com .

We have the CT2500rs in stock as it is a upgraded version of the CT2500 std. It has 2 speeds making it the fastest moving trolley of all the trolleys. It is slightly more than the std. 2500 but worth every penny of it.
I need to get an idea of your location?

I furnish the CT-2500 complete with remote control, storage bag and 12volt charger along with hook up for your trailer depending what is necessary.
Please give me a call at your convenience and let's talk about your setup. 352-603-0834 cell.

The CT-2500rs is $3,295.00 complete and includes hookup.

Look forward to your call.

Dave Nye
Kronings
__________________
Laura, Dirk and Lucy & Spike (the cats)

www.UnderKittySupervision.com

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:49 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
J Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Posts: 1,742
The website claims that the Camper Trailer Mover trolley can move a trailer up a 10% incline. Is a 10% incline driveway, for example, very steep?
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:57 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
The website claims that the Camper Trailer Mover trolley can move a trailer up a 10% incline. Am I wrong in thinking that a 10% incline is not very steep?
Yeah, I saw that. Our driveway is way steeper than that, so it probably won't work there. However, I think our driveway is too steep for the trailer, regardless of how it's moved, as it'll scrape going up and down it.

And I noticed in the video, when they moved it up an incline it wasn't very steep.

But I do like how it's not permanently installed as there won't be any holes drilled in the underneath of the trailer nor will Dirk have to get under there to install it. But he hasn't looked at the info yet and he'll be the decider on all this. Wonder if I can move it into the back of the truck (which we're picking up tomorrow!!!), via the method shown in the video.
__________________
Laura, Dirk and Lucy & Spike (the cats)

www.UnderKittySupervision.com

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:56 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 5,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
The CT-2500rs is $3,295.00 complete and includes hookup.
Wow. I'd just get a Parkit360 10K and be done with it. You'd save about 2 grand.



Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.