Using the Costco buyer's program - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2016, 04:13 PM   #11

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
So Pat, did you end up with a six-pack of Subarus or just the one you needed?

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:01 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post

Never any substitute for shopping around and with any kind of negotiating be a "don't-wanter"..i.e. be prepared to walk. I'll never forget my dad's method of buying a car from a dealer: when he decided on a price he was willing to pay he mailed it to them. Not being on their turf has a lot of advantages and protects one from impulse buying.

There's a great way to buy a car.

float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:01 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I was a buyer by trade for many years. Used to go to car dealers and make ridiculous offers for the fun of it. Most enjoyable was buying for others - no emotions in the transaction!!! Best buy I ever got was buying during a snow storm - probably the only sale they made that day. If negotiating is not fun for you, go to Costco or AAA, let them quote you a price, pay their fee and be thankful that you didn't have to play the Auto Dealership game!
Old 02-21-2016, 05:24 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Toyota dealers are not that open to negotiation, I hear.
They don't have to be.
Glen's right about that, from what I have experienced. They wouldn't negotiate the price. They will however sweeten the pot by giving you a few freebies thrown in, like the truck bed liner and a couple of other things they threw in for us when we bought our 2005 Tundra. We did benefit from an advertised $5000 discount on the previous year's stock, only available while stock lasted. We managed to get one of the very last Tundra's in B.C. in early January 2006.

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:32 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
I've used the Costco program to buy 2 cars and 1 truck over the past 12 years. Very happy with the program, included 1 car not on the lot but on the rails which was diverted to me. Still got a few perks thrown in on top of the deal.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:56 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Another good method is to buy on the last day of month, especially if it falls on a week day. Dealers are offered monthly factory incentives and will sell a car at a loss if it will help them reach the incentive. Weekdays are better because most of their sales are on weekends when they'd be less willing to bend. The key is to find the dealer that just needs one or two sales to meet the quota. A good method is to email a number of dealers a few days before the end of the month and get them competing for your business. Always tell them exactly what you want and you are ready to buy and are emailing multiple dealers looking for the best price. Just don't get hung up on colors and option items you could live without. You might be surprised by the response you get.
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:16 PM   #17

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba55 View Post
Another good method is to buy on the last day of month, especially if it falls on a week day. Dealers are offered monthly factory incentives and will sell a car at a loss if it will help them reach the incentive. Weekdays are better because most of their sales are on weekends when they'd be less willing to bend. The key is to find the dealer that just needs one or two sales to meet the quota. A good method is to email a number of dealers a few days before the end of the month and get them competing for your business. Always tell them exactly what you want and you are ready to buy and are emailing multiple dealers looking for the best price. Just don't get hung up on colors and option items you could live without. You might be surprised by the response you get.
I found SUV myself then called in morning asking if they honored Costco . They did I wanted a white Forester . There were only 3 in the whole state . I wanted leather also so I ended up with the limited with a bunch of stuff that was already on SUV . Drove down that morning the forester had just come in all wrapped up like a package . They had other colors but I wanted white . Was the easiest deal buying I ever experienced. I have walked away many times and played their games . I really liked this no hassle way . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:17 PM   #18

Quote:
So Pat, did you end up with a six-pack of Subarus or just the one you needed?
Glen I am a little dense sometimes please explain .Pat
Old 02-21-2016, 08:24 PM   #19

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
It's a Costco joke.
You want one bottle of ketchup and you walk out with a cello wrapped package of six.
Anyway, how do you know you got a good deal if you just accepted the Costco offer?

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:30 PM   #20

Quote:
It's a Costco joke.
You want one bottle of ketchup and you walk out with a cello wrapped package of six.
Anyway, how do you know you got a good deal if you just accepted the Costco offer?
Your right about that . Had been checking for actually couple years with different dealers . When the Costco deal came up we jumped at it . The only thing was you have to take all this stuff you don't want if there is something like the leather you want . Really didn't want moon roof but if you want leather you get it etc. Pat