Using the Costco buyer's program - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Old 02-22-2016, 10:06 AM   #31
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quit buying new about 10+ years ago. Look for 1-2 years old under 30k mileage and some or most warranty remaining. If it's at a dealer, I send email offer to the sales manager with trade$$ plus cash difference that's very aggressive take it or leave it.
CEO at a dealership now has me send the email to him when I want a car he has. If it works for him, I get an email response that says be here by 5pm and it will be ready. I arrive with check and trade, car is washed, paperwork is ready and I'm out in an hour. All our cars are now through the CEO at this dealership and will be for years to come. Weird the way this has evolved, but the prices he sells me the vehicles for are ridiculous, and he knows that if he accepts I show up and take the vehicle. Good both ways I guess.

Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:04 AM   #32
Trailer: 2017
Just recently purchased two new Toyota's. One for DW other for family member, spent numerous hours on line and at dealers. Turns out the best deal by far was using TrueCar. Not only did I save thousands but it truly was the easiest and quickest car buying experience to date. I am a costco member also but Truecar beat the pants off that price. I dont know if you will have the same experience as I but it might be worth a look. Peace

TinKnocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:35 AM   #33
Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Agree with Greg it's usually better to buy low mileage gently-used vehicles, but as with most things there can be exceptions. Our 2013 new Highlander SE with tow package was purchased for the same or less than the asking price for used ones.

Rossue is online now   Reply With Quote