camp site recommendations in Montana? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Old 03-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #11
Trailer: TC

I see you've already pretty much decided on a KOA. I thought I'd mention the KOA off Hwy 2 on the west side of GNP. Lots of shade for tent campers and folks with the shorter RVs' there. To me it seems like a big KOA. And, It's not far from a restaurant that's called IIRC "the West Glacier Restaurant".

Anyway, just thought I'd mention that restaurant too. It's pricey IMO. However, I had the two tastiest meals of my road-trip last summer in that restaurant. Of course, there's always the caveat, it could be a completely different situation regarding their food this year.

I see you've also mentioned Bozeman. Out of curiosity, have you been on the Beartooth or Chief Joseph Hwy before?

Basecamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #12
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
So it turns out that Glacier, unlike Yellowstone, only measures that trailer for their site restrictions. So we fit, no problem. I have a couple of nights booked.

Basecamp: I did look at the west side of the park. The KOA there got better reviews than the one on the east side. But the east side was more convenient for our route. I have driven through Montana before, from Yellowstone north to Edmonton, but we were in a hurry and didn't stop anywhere. I honestly don't know if we were on either of those highways. I really know next to nothing about the state.

The plans are coming together, though I'm feeling right now like we're spending too little time to cover too much ground. That's what happens when you try to keep everybody happy. I'll need a vacation when we're done.

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2012 Nissan Frontier
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote