Campground Etiquette - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2016, 08:13 PM   #31

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
I still would like to think well of my recent new-to-camping neighbors and that they just didn't know some camping etiquette (excepting the dog issues, of course). I know there are new campers on this forum and if one's parents didn't teach them how to camp, how are they to learn unless someone tells them? Hence this thread.

But, as everywhere else in life, there are those out there who are selfish and only think about themselves and everyone else be damned.

Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:15 PM   #32

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
You could always write a note on his lawn using Roundup (all capital letters of course). The reminder would last long enough to get the message across
A very wise man once told me "when you get down in the mud with the pigs, you become a pig yourself." While it might be tempting/satisfying to send a message in such a way, unfortunately it would be getting down in the mud with the pigs.

"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:42 PM   #33

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
I think society has become more crass, rude and socially inept - so it only stands to reason that campers are getting less polite too. Having said that, I also think that campers are generally more friendly and polite than most people.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:56 PM   #34

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I think society has become more crass, rude and socially inept - so it only stands to reason that campers are getting less polite too. Having said that, I also think that campers are generally more friendly and polite than most people.
This probably true , and very unfortunate as it is the small niceties and considerations that make us who we are ......

Also would like to add to # 8 ...fires with wet wood ......
Old 03-25-2016, 09:00 PM   #35
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
You could always write a note on his lawn using Roundup (all capital letters of course). The reminder would last long enough to get the message across
Gasoline is cheaper and works faster. Just don't smoke while applying........

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:04 PM   #36
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
I carry a 100 ft clothesline on a reel for extension cords that comes in quite handy. Sometimes we actually hang clothes on it; other times it's quite handy for a waist-high marker between trees that's just inconvenient enough that people will go around instead of cutting through. I spoke with a park host who said if it's not nailed/attached to the trees he had no problem with that.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:05 PM   #37

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
This probably true , and very unfortunate as it is the small niceties and considerations that make us who we are ......

Also would like to add to # 8 ...fires with wet wood ......
I don't know if the campers several spaces down were burning wet wood one night, but the smoke was pretty bad. We couldn't even open the trailer for some fresh air. I really like the looks of some of those gas firepits that some campers have. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:33 PM   #38

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Probably most of our camping days the strangers next door are fine -- but when it's NOT fine it's harder to get away from them than it would be at home.. I'm always a little apprehensive when the new people pull in, even when we had a summer of no problems at all.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:49 PM   #39

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
I carry a 100 ft clothesline on a reel for extension cords that comes in quite handy. Sometimes we actually hang clothes on it; other times it's quite handy for a waist-high marker between trees that's just inconvenient enough that people will go around instead of cutting through. I spoke with a park host who said if it's not nailed/attached to the trees he had no problem with that.
You might want to hang some ratty socks, reflective flags or some such on it. (Oooo, now you have a new use for your beer cans!) I know, PITA. But I could see someone stumbling into it, falling down, taking a face plant and breaking their nose and then suing you for massive amounts of money just because they were being stupid and inconsiderate.

www.UnderKittySupervision.com

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:29 PM   #40

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
I'm always a little apprehensive when the new people pull in, even when we had a summer of no problems at all.
Especially when they roll in, park, leave both their doors open, music blasting while they start to set up camp. You know it's going to be a long night.

Ron

Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote