Campground Etiquette - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2016, 09:46 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
What bothers me is that "others" (in any circumstance) aren't taught/conditioned at some point in their upbringing to simply consider before they act, "will my actions adversely impact someone else?" Our mindset is to go out of our way to not bother others. Not because we're any better, but that putting others before ourselves was what we were taugh as children. When did that become passé?

Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:06 PM   #42

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
Ugh, 27 years of a career with state parks starting out as a ranger all the way up to being a living on site manager/peace officer and these stories bring back memories. I was out till 1 or 2 in the morning most Fri-Sat nights trying to ride herd on a lot of the problems y'all are speaking of. You usually got 2 warnings, the third one meant you got your choice: leave with a citation or without one, but you were leaving regardless. My advice: you're retired?-camp Sun-Thur, try to avoid the huge popular places during the summer (and spring break!). Man, all these posts make me question why I want a trailer to get back out there!!

Tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:57 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Because you know you miss it.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:42 PM   #44

Trailer: 2013 - 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe.---
Many of the issues we have encountered in our state parks are fueled by alcohol . The volume levels of music , tv's and speach seems to increase at the same rate as the consumption of alcohol.
I wish Wisconsin would place some reasonable limits on drinking in their public parks but that's not likely . We camp at our state parks during the week and avoid camping there on weekends. The Park Rangers try to maintain some semblance of order but it is an impossible task with little support from the State.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:25 AM   #45

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Many of the issues we have encountered in our state parks are fueled by alcohol .
So true. I'd say that during the ten years I was in law enforcement, at least 70% of all the calls I responded to were related to alcohol in some way.

I often get on my high horse and talk about how the government has too many laws and that they should leave people alone, but then I remember that many people simply can't control themselves - and the government winds up doing it for them.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:10 AM   #46

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
We've tried to avoid camping on summer Holidays long ago for just that reason.

I recently made reservations for Sam Houston Jones SP in Louisiana for New Years Eve as we'll be on the road over that holiday, not knowing if campgrounds fill up in the south for such.

Made the mistake of heading to WY just before Labor Day the fall we got the Escape, no camping to be found anywhere over the weekend driving through the midwest. Good ole Wal-Mart to the rescue.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:37 AM   #47

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Our mindset is to go out of our way to not bother others. Not because we're any better, but that putting others before ourselves was what we were taugh as children.

Our generation was taught to respect others and our elders. We watched "leave it to Beaver", Andy Griffin" etc while growing up. Always a moral was taught. We have to remember that the younger generation was brought up on "Bart Simpson" and "The Family Guy". I never let my kids watch these, don't let my Grand kids either. This along with, prayer (do un to others) pledge of allegiance, and morals taking a back seat in our schools, lack of parental guidance, and we have our current crop of new campers.
Just my opinion. I could be wrong, I'm usually wrong on a regular basis, my wife will tell you.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:31 AM   #48
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
No alcohol allowed in Pennsylvania SP, automatic fine and expulsion.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:03 AM   #49

Trailer: 2013 - 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe.---
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
No alcohol allowed in Pennsylvania SP, automatic fine and expulsion.
Wisconsin has little or no laws against drinking in park
We were camping with our grandkids at a Wisconsin State Park.
In the picnic area next to the beach a group of people pushed 2 picnic tables together end to end and set up a bar .Both tables were covered with wine and booze bottles plus numerous coolers of beer . They then proceeded to get obnoxiously drunk , falling down drunk. This was no place for my grandkids so we left . I talked to the Park Ranger and that as long as they weren't making noise after 10 PM or walking on the beach with glass bottles there wasn't much he could do except talk to them. I wish Wisconsin would see the light and set some limits on drinking in their parks but considering your first DWI in Wisconsin is only a petty misdemeanor , I don't see it happening. I apologize for my tirade but I don't think you have to drink to have fun !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:18 AM   #50
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I find the older I age, the less alcohol I want....