Campground Etiquette - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2017, 09:28 AM   #101

Trailer: Escape 21 replaced Casita
Trying to teach obnoxious people not to be obnoxious is like teaching a pig to sing. You will not be successful and it makes the pig mad.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:49 AM   #102

Trailer: 2004 17 B ESCAPE
pick a side, not mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
9. Generators ................. (please fill in the blanc)
Ok people, listen up. Next time you bring out your buzz box set it up on your side of the campsite. Your generator, your noise, your problem. Bring it around to the backside of the trailer gets rid of your problem by making it someone else's problem. Can you say extension cord.
nomade do vento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:27 AM   #103

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomade do vento View Post
Can you say extension cord.
A couple of times I've been tempted to say "chop-chop" when they've placed the generator on my side of shrubs etc.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:33 AM   #104

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

freecampsites.net has found us some great spots. On the way to Salmon Arm just over a week ago, we stopped at a spot someone reported right near Canyon Hot Springs. A couple hundred metres off the highway with a rushing stream nearby to drown out any highway noise. This was on the north side of the Trans Canada, and the train is on the south so that was not a bother either. Enjoyed a wonderful nights sleep.
That could be handy for us next week. We'll be doing another Banff-Jasper circuit next week. Yah, I know, we were just up there 3 months ago but it was busy and in the Fall we'll be able to see some things we couldn't earlier. We're stopping at the Revelstoke Pipe Coaster and they allow one night free RV parking so the other site will work well when combined with the second night at the pipe coaster.

Freecampsites does have quite an array of offerings. Not all are usable for us but it's been very helpful some times.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:43 AM   #105

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
That could be handy for us next week. We'll be doing another Banff-Jasper circuit next week. Yah, I know, we were just up there 3 months ago but it was busy and in the Fall we'll be able to see some things we couldn't earlier. We're stopping at the Revelstoke Pipe Coaster and they allow one night free RV parking so the other site will work well when combined with the second night at the pipe coaster.

Freecampsites does have quite an array of offerings. Not all are usable for us but it's been very helpful some times.

Ron
I am sure you will see it shown, but right after you pass Canyon there is a bridge over creek gorge. You turn left (north) immediately after it on a dirt trail. I guess there are a few dispersed spots in there, but we found a large flat clearing and said good enough. Another couple cars pulled in after us, one carried on down the trail a bit, and the other stopped near us. While Walmart works great in many cases, this place provided for a much more pleasant sleep. We will likely use it again in the future.

This is a shot of the road in, narrow but soft branches.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote