Campground Etiquette - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2016, 11:20 AM   #81

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Hi: All... One thing I like about having our Niagara Wine Escape rally at The Riverside Motel and Campground is the owners actually live there. It's their summer home. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:30 AM   #82

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I paid under 5 bucks for this meter. Last week my bro-in-law bought one for $1.36. Tells you at as glance what the situation is.

I ran a switched cable from my tug battery to the 7 pin connector. Works fine but since I added solar I've never felt the need to use it. But it's there if I ever need it.

Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13-10-2014 2-02-06 PM1_resize.jpg (225.7 KB, 71 views)

Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:56 PM   #83

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Well now I've seen it all, while shopping at Walmart I noticed this guy. All set up including a BBQ and comfy chair. Others had slides, all sorts of camping paraphernalia and awnings out. No wonder some locations won't let people stay overnight.

Cheers
Doug
PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:02 PM   #84

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Nice lookin camp chair.
Greg A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:06 PM   #85
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
But where is the tow? I thought you can/could not disconnect unless there was an emergency repair needed?
Old 08-28-2017, 01:34 PM   #86

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Half the units at this Walmart the tow vehicle was gone, not connected, other also had a BBQ out

Cheers
Doug
PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:37 PM   #87

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
Hi Jim
Might have had the truck in the Walmart Shop getting a Transmission overhaul or might have been making a run to Costco for low priced groceries. My top sighting of a Walmart overnighter was last Friday night in my home town (Cedar Rapids, Iowa). A Prevost motor home. A most long time campers know, just when you think you've seen it all....... In Montana two weeks ago I was treated to the eternally enjoyable light inside a yellow tent, get ready for bed silhouette show. Sang the song by the Rays with some paraphrasing all the way back to the Escape.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #88

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Well now I've seen it all, while shopping at Walmart I noticed this guy. All set up including a BBQ and comfy chair. Others had slides, all sorts of camping paraphernalia and awnings out. No wonder some locations won't let people stay overnight.

Cheers
Doug
That situation isn't that uncommon. Not encouraged but it happens. I don't think that's the reason some Walmarts won't allow overnighting. The two most common reasons are; county by-laws, maybe with the prompting of local RV park owners and malls that aren't owned by Walmart and have a restrictive policy for overnight parking.

I do kind of cringe when I see that situation because we're a pretty heavy user of Walmart parking and I'd hate to see it end. One place where it's totally out of control is Whitehorse, Yukon. The lot looked like a refugee camp. A huge part of the lot was taken up with units that obviously hadn't moved for quite awhile. Glad we hadn't planned on staying there.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:56 PM   #89

Trailer: 2013 - 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe.---
My Walmart favorite is when people pull their trailer up to a parking lot storm drain in the back of the lot and dump their black and grey tanks. Finding a pile of dirty toilet paper sitting on the sewer grate must cause Walmart to second guess their RV parking policy.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:58 PM   #90

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Jim
Might have had the truck in the Walmart Shop getting a Transmission overhaul or might have been making a run to Costco for low priced groceries. My top sighting of a Walmart overnighter was last Friday night in my home town (Cedar Rapids, Iowa). A Prevost motor home. A most long time campers know, just when you think you've seen it all....... In Montana two weeks ago I was treated to the eternally enjoyable light inside a yellow tent, get ready for bed silhouette show. Sang the song by the Rays with some paraphrasing all the way back to the Escape.
Iowa Dave
Last Sunday I noticed the tent trailer shaking next to us. There was some serious motion in the ocean going on.

Earlier the wife had crawled into the back bed to raise the support when they were setting up and they had not yet lowered the stabilizers. So it dipped down and had her against the end. He ran over and lifted it while she hollered.

And the best of all was they had 3 dogs in a small tent trailer, 2 were maybe 25 pounders but one looked like a shaggy great dane.
So they and the dog across the way had a barkfest going on most of the time. I was so glad when both groups left Tuesday morning.
I assume they somehow are able to tune the barking out.

wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote