Campgrounds in Fraser Valley - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2016, 06:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
Campgrounds in Fraser Valley

Hi all,
I'm driving to Chilliwack from Calgary to pick up my new 19 around June 9. Last time when I picked up my 17B I just stayed at Cottonwood for a night then headed back to Calgary. This time I have to stay in the lower mainland for about five days before I head back to Calgary and I don't want to stay in Cottonwood for 5 nights. Any recommendations for good campsites in the Fraser Valley for five nights in June?
Thanks
Hugh
Old 03-20-2016, 06:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
There is a negative aspect to campsites in the lower mainland. Because of the geography and the proximity to a major population area it's sometimes a disappointing experience. A fair percentage of the population view provincial parks, not as camp sites, but as party places. So it's a crap shoot if your stay is enjoyable or somewhat diminished by yahoos.

A private RV park is most likely the best option.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:22 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I'm usually doing at least 90 kph through the Fraser Valley, but just outside of Hope is Othello Tunnels Campground. That's not that far from Chilliwack ( 45 min. max? ). I haven't stayed there, but I did stop there once to dump my tanks. It is small and off the highway. You could check out the tunnels and look at the chainsaw carvings in Hope.
Their web site doesn't have pix but Google does.

Between Chilliwack and Vancouver is Fort Langley where the BC Glass Eggs hold their rally, so it must be OK. Less of a drive into Vancouver.
http://www.fortcamping.com/
Old 03-20-2016, 07:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I'm usually doing at least 90 kph through the Fraser Valley, but just outside of Hope is Othello Tunnels Campground. That's not that far from Chilliwack ( 45 min. max? ). I haven't stayed there, but I did stop there once to dump my tanks. It is small and off the highway. You could check out the tunnels and look at the chainsaw carvings in Hope.
Their web site doesn't have pix but Google does.

Between Chilliwack and Vancouver is Fort Langley where the BC Glass Eggs hold their rally, so it must be OK. Less of a drive into Vancouver.
Fort Camping in Fort Langley, BC, Brae Island Regional Park
Thanks Glen the campground at Fort Langley looks pretty decent I will probably give it a try.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:45 PM   #5

You can visit the Fort, the farm museum, antique shops and pub, all nearby.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You can visit the Fort, the farm museum, antique shops and pub, all nearby.
Thanks Glen, grew up in Vancouver so I've spent lots of time in Ft. Langley but never camped there. Should be interesting.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #7

In that case, I'd just go to the pub.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:45 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B+
If you're okay with pit toilets we really enjoy Derby Reach which is just outside of Fort Langley right on the Frazer River. They do a really good job of keeping the campground quiet at night
Wanda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:42 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Derby Reach is a nice CG right along the Fraser River. 23.00 or so a night. It is a municipal CG. Get there early. No reservations. Some of the pics in our Escape Forum album are from Derby Reach. Oh yeah, you get to listen to trains running at around 2:00am across the river. We like Derby Reach and intend to get there midweek the first nonrainy day we get, which according to the 14 day forecast is March 29 or so.

Eagle Wind RV, (About Us) closer to Vancouver, in Aldergrove may work for you specially if you want to get into Vancouver. It's a pretty typical but a nice urban RV CG. We rented their club house for an extended family Christmas gathering a few years ago. And the place looked ok and well run.

Larry
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:08 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Campgrounds in Fraser Valley

Golden Ears at Alouette Lake isn't right off the main drag, but only 20 minutes into Maple Ridge. And if you reserve a site you tend to be away from weekend yahoos. In recent years the park staff has been good at keeping a lid on disruptive groups and we have had great experiences there, even on the May long weekend. You are only about 50 minutes from ETI if you need anything fixed (as we did) and not that far from Vancouver.
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:34 PM   #11

Thanks for all the advice sounds like there is quite a bit to choose from.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:51 PM   #12

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandLiz View Post
Eagle Wind RV, (About Us) closer to Vancouver, in Aldergrove may work for you specially if you want to get into Vancouver. It's a pretty typical but a nice urban RV CG.
We stayed there for a night a few years ago; I think that's a good description. It is right beside the TransCanada (on a service road) so there is continual traffic noise, but it is somewhat muted by a slight rise in the narrow area between the sites and the service road. The sites are big (at least the middle ones where we put a large motorhome) and open so at least maneouvering the trailer isn't a challenge... although there's also not much separation between sites.

Eagle Winds in Google Maps
Note that unless my edit has been published, the Google Maps marker is 400 metres (1/4 mile) too far down the road to the southeast.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote