Camping in the Pacific Northwest - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2019, 01:21 PM   #21

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
we just camped in a National camp ground. Interesting -we were the biggest rig. Narrow one way road to site and back in site but slanted opposite direction so impossible to back in going the one way direction. We turned around at a trail head and drove the wrong way so we could back in. Barely fit but with truck unhitched and parallel parked we fit. Very quite park mostly tent campers beautiful trails to alpine lakes. i think it was Big creek near mount Rainier. i must say i like no hook ups parks - quieter....
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 02:31 PM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Happy anniversary! Still hoping our paths will cross sometime.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:09 PM   #23
AnJ

Trailer: 1974 Boler, 2018 Escape 21
Happy Anniversary!

Thanks for all of the resources, we will have to check them all out!

We did once boon dock at a Walmart parking lot in Regina, SK last minute after a hail storm went through the park we had reserved at on a long weekend. We were surprised to find a collection of other fibreglass campers, it was super quiet, and a man walking through the parking lot stopped to play his violin for half an hour at 10pm. It's funny how sometimes you luck out and other times the experience can be terrible. It seems that any locations that are a few hours drive from a big city tend to be crowded and loud on any weekends when the weather is seasonable around here. We still have a ways to go to retirement and for now we are stuck camping with the masses on weekends and school holidays.
AnJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:20 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Congratulations to you and Rita on your 49th anniversary, that’s a real accomplishment in this day and age . We are just a little bit behind you , our 49th is still 3 months away
I remember going to a lot of 50th anniversary parties when I was a kid back in the 50’s and 60’s and not realizing what an accomplishment it truly was , now I am beginning to finally understand .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:06 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Child bride

Well congrats to Adrian and Steve. I think we all had child brides several years our junior? Had a good time in Osoyoos. Of course one day camping is better than a month of work even though there’s no monetary income, the soul is banking big time. Here’s our campsite in the pure stand Ponderosa Pines tonight. Give me a chainsaw and thirty days and I could build a cabin. (If you guys can lift).
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
04FD5CA0-AE3E-40E3-A386-4041578EB908.jpg  
Old 05-30-2019, 08:05 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
See you next month.
Jack and Nancy and Murphy
Hi Jack and Nancy and Murphy,
Talked with Greg one of the three organizers of the Rocky Mountain Rendezvous At Osoyoos.
He’s bought an Escape so that makes two out of three of the organizers who have seen the light, Drank the Kool aid, and are camping in style. We’re in Montana tonight at a free forest service campground. Full on water, batteries charged and plenty of propane. Cold beer and a bottle of vino. Life is good.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-31-2019, 07:09 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Dave, we missed talking with you at Osoyoos, happy anniversary, enjoy the vino, and hope to catch up with you later.........
Old 05-31-2019, 12:18 PM   #28

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Dave, we missed talking with you at Osoyoos, happy anniversary, enjoy the vino, and hope to catch up with you later.........
Hopefully you and Dave will be able to have a long fireside chat at the Mississippi River Rendevous .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:11 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0TA
I agree..it seems that camping has become more about partying than about your surroundings. Canada does seem to control this better than here in the US. I use an app called RVPARKY It gives me all kinds of places to camp and dry camp Good Luck
algonquin50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #30

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by algonquin50 View Post
I agree..it seems that camping has become more about partying than about your surroundings. Canada does seem to control this better than here in the US. I use an app called RVPARKY It gives me all kinds of places to camp and dry camp Good Luck
Dominguez/ Escalante National Conservation Area.
Delta,CO

No partying going on. It’s just us.
At night there is just quiet and countless stars.

Just as we like it.

Enjoy your travels

Ed
Attached Thumbnails
46F53514-62FE-4BD0-B432-14D20B387981.jpg  
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:32 PM   #31

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Take a look at free campsites.net. Good people run this super useful, web-based app. Head for the boonies!
Jonathan
drjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:56 PM   #32

Trailer: ?
Here are two great sources of disbursed camping information.

The US Forest Service publishes a series on Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM) covering every national forest. Free to download. The maps show virtually all FS roads and what uses are permitted. You can also download an app to carry these maps with you as you travel. The FS site tells how to do it.

https://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/pro...ohv_maps.shtml

The Bureau of Land Management also has a very helpful web site.

https://www.blm.gov/visit/search/9/CO/0/2

Select the state you would like to visit then select the camping activity and you will be presented with great camping information.

When traveling, we never drive past a FS or BLM office without stopping. Generally helpful staff with good camping information and brochures.

A BLM Ranger stopped by earlier just to say hello. His parting comment was “enjoy your lands; they belong to you.”

And your enjoy your travels.

Ed
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:35 PM   #33

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
As they say- timing is everything. We left May 8 and have found the campgrounds in Oregon almost empty. Just left after two great days at Sparks Lake near Bend and we were the only campers the first night then there were two others last night. Came down off the mountain as some brief weather coming in and again at Skull Hollow near Smith Rock the place has about ten other campers in over 40 sites.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:31 AM   #34

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Shhh... In the Canyonlands (4 miles north of Moab) on the road to Potash. No hookups of course. Vault toilets. Counted 5 trailer sites but it's next to a very large open area for groups and tents. $20/nite but $10 with the senior pass. Guess BLM don't necessarily mean free anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Gol01i.jpg  
Old 06-09-2019, 11:29 AM   #35

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post

. “The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households”

Socrates.

It seems that some things never change.

Ed

When Socrates wrote that Greece was in a state of social decline. I think we are too, unfortunately.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:53 PM   #36

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
We stopped camping on Memorial day, 4th of July and Labor Day years ago. Too many amateur campers who are loud, rude, messy and disrespectful of the campgrounds and other campers.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:23 PM   #37

Holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
We stopped camping on Memorial day, 4th of July and Labor Day years ago. Too many amateur campers who are loud, rude, messy and disrespectful of the campgrounds and other campers.
Hi Ralph
We’ve quit the holidays pretty much too. Last Saturday night on the way home from the Appreciation Rally we decided to stop and camp at Blackhawk state park adjacent to Lakeview Iowa, a town of 1142 people. We drove about 15 miles down into the park which was absolutely loaded with campers. There were several sites available. Rita checked the restrooms, totally trashed. Loud music, Smokey rookie fires, bicycles and golf carts. No thanks. Then we drove through the town: graduation parties on every street, horse drawn carriage with a wedding in progress, and a Main Street festival. ZOO
in all caps. Back towards highway 20 we stayed in a county park. Seven spots, three campers, Not a sound all night. Restrooms ok, brand new electrical boxes, good water and lots of grass to run the dog. My kind of camping. Have a great summer, we will see on you on the road.