Camping near Chilliwack - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Old 08-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
Trailer: n/a
Just to clarify by full facilities I mean. Flushing toilets and Showers. None o these sites have hookups.
If you want cell reception only Cultas lake will give you that and golden ears will give you some spotty service down near the lake

thedtvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #12
Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
We stayed at Royalwood golf resort after getting work done early this month. Not as nice as Cottonwood, bot $12 less expensive with full hookups. It was OK for 3 days, but not worth 2 weeks unless you plan only to sleep there. If you are thinking of going south, there is a really nice KOA at Lynden--about 30 minutes from the factory. It has full services, a pool, showers and a small lake where I think they allow fishing. And there were no mosquitos or black flys. We spent 4 days there before we left for Yellowknife.

2015 Escape 5 TA
2016 Ford F-150
captmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #13
Trailer: 2012 15A
Sasquatch Provincial Park has two camp site areas. It is just to the east of Harrison Lake which is east of Chilliwack a short distance. I believe there may be a bit of gravel road into the area.

Heading the other direction, west, there is Porteau cove as someone mentioned between Vancouver and Squamish. Just past Squamish a few kms is Alice Lake Provincial park. Some sites there have electric hookups and the park has shower facilities. There is another private camp site south of Whislter on Highway 99 near Brandywine Falls called Whistler RV Park & Campground. I have not been in there but it is relatively new place. Whistler has a camp site called Riverside Resort.

Lots of great hiking and mountains in the Whistler area. Whistler would be about 200 km from Chilliwack.

A drive up the Fraser Canyon east of Chilliwack is a beautiful area. There is a provincial camp site in the canyon called Skihist. Can be hot and dry there in the summer.

Here is a link to the BC Provincial camp sites.

Visiting Parks - BC Parks - Province of British Columbia

There are a lot of very nice places within a relatively short drive from Chilliwack.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #14
Trailer: 2010 Escape 13
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
Baglo, when we camp we like to be in beautiful places where there are good hikes and hopefully somewhere to swim (although I know the lakes are pretty cold there). I don't think we'll be wanting to go down too many dirt roads right at the beginning. Doesn't matter if there are hookups.

On our maiden voyage we went to Bay View State Park, which is about 1 1/2 hours south of Vancouver BC near Mount Vernon WA. This might be a good spot for you too:
  1. It is not too far from the Escape factory although we had no problems that required a trip back
  2. There are lots of things to see in the area: Whidbey Island, Anacortes, Port Townsend -- one of our favourite places to visit
    Ladybug's Maiden Voyage - a set on Flickr
  3. There is good shopping nearby in Mount Vernon and Burlington, including a large Walmart that carries RV gear and a Camping World
  4. There are nice camping spots: we prefer the ones in front that have a view of the bay -- try to reserve site #2, #3 or #4
  5. There are several interesting hikes from the campground

2003 Subaru Forester
2012 Toyota Highlander V6
2010 Escape 13 "Ladybug" Feb 2010
bvansnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #15
Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Thanks Brian -- it sounds like another good place for us -- particularly since we have family in Washington State.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #16
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
We just got our 19 on August 13 th. our plan was to go back into Canada and stay at cottonwood meadows. Reace brought the trailer across the border around 1130. At that point there was a couple hour wait to get back into Canada. We decided to go down the road and found an rv park with a pull thru ( no backing skills and my first real tow) about 30 minutes away.

dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #17
Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Camperland is about 15 min. east of the factory on hwy 1. Very nice, upscale, and crazy expensive -- like $55 a night. But in my case, worth if for the swimming pool and jacuzzi. Worked wonders on the sore back and butt.

Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #18
Trailer: 2014 19. Birthing date June 23
Any ideas on campsites head back east through
Washington State about 4- 5 ours out of Chilliwack ?
PAB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #19
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Originally Posted by PAB4 View Post
Any ideas on campsites head back east through
Washington State about 4- 5 ours out of Chilliwack ?
If you are headed back on highway 20, which is the most scenic path across the state, I recommend staying at the Newhalem Campground in the North Cascades National Park. The C loop is reservable, which is only necessary if you will be there on the weekends.

kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #20
Trailer: "Teachers' Pet" our 2014 Escape 19
Colonial creek campground on Diablo Lake on hwy 20. It is about 3 hrs from Chilliwack and has 129 sites.

It has restrooms with flush toilets, water available, but no hookups. There are a number of other sites in that North Cascades area.

Neal & Sharon

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
nealmccarter is offline   Reply With Quote