Considering Yellowstone for first destination - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2010, 01:37 AM   #11

Re: Considering Yellowstone for first destination

This place should be included on your tour list! It is a nice tourist destination!

cunghuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #12

Thank you for the link to the Vietnam tourism commecial web site. But perhaps you could contribute to the forum in ways that pertain to Escape travel trailers. A cynic would think that your post is spam.

Xin tan trong cam on ve duong dan den trang web du lich Vietnam. Nhung thiet nghi tat ca cac bai viet ren dien dan nay nen tap trung vao chu de chinh cua trang web. Bat ke ai doc cung co the nghi rang binh luan cua ban la spam.

2009 17' Plan B
ronstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:12 AM   #13
ashleymeadow

We were there in late May until early June. It was very cold! We stayed in West Yellowstone at the Grizzly RV Park. It was very nice and close in for supplies and shopping. We had reservations for Madison Park, but without power, we canceled because of the wind, snow, and just plain miserable conditions. Even the fishing was poor in the Park.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #14

We were there also in May (20th I think). Stayed at Grizzley RV park also. I agree with your comments re park. We had excellent daytime weather...just a bit cool....nighttime close to freezing and park was warning to shut of water...but it didn't freeze. We were there for 3 full days as we travelled east after picking up our trailer in Chilliwack. Didn't encounter any bear. 100's of Bison.....road blocked for over an hour one day as rangers tried to get them moving. The hot springs were awesome and old faithful never lets you down. Scenery is great too. Have fun.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #15

Trailer: '09 Escape 19 "Grasshopper"

We stayed briefly at the Grizzly RV Park in mid Oct last year. I agree that it was nice, well maintained and within walking distance to the restaurants & shops in town. It's also a short easy drive to the park entrance for day trips & hiking. Was snowy & very cold when we were there - temps in the teens to thirtys F. They weren't allowing cars into the park without 4 wheel drive & either snow-rated tires or chains. Fortunately we qualified & essentially had the park to ourselves for wildlife & geyser viewing.

'09 Escape 19 "Grasshopper"
'14 MB GL350 BlueTEC; '99 Toyota 4Runner V6 4WD
Texscapees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:52 AM   #16

My wife and I traveled through Yellowstone before picking up our 13A in BC. The weather in late May was a bit rainy and cold (ice on Yellowstone Lake) but the crowds were not unbearable. We traveled on the road from the Buffalo, Cody to the Yellowstone east gate. I noticed a couple of campground just outside the gate that would have been a nice place to stay. The whole route was interesting especially the road over the Big Horn Range which still had two feet of snow left.

galand53 is offline   Reply With Quote