First trip in our 17b (album posted) - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
First trip in our 17b (album posted)

Seems like a long time ago, but early in September we spent 2 nights at Moonshadows CG in Merritt, 2 nights at Todds CG in Peachland, 2 nights at the Lightning Lake CG, Manning Provincial Park and then, on a lark, 5 nights at Derby Reach, Fort Langley, BC

CG reviews - Moonshadows, Merritt, BC was a bit tired, but nice location near to River and town. Funky cafe/bakery in town. Full hook ups.

Todds, Peachland, BC family style CG smallish sites near a highway, clean facilities and helpful staff. Across from lake. Close to wineries. We went to three organic wineries. Full hookups

Lightning Lake, Manning Provincial Park. Wonderful campsite, hot water showers, flush toilets, spacious sites. No hookups. Lots of places to hike.

Derby Reach, Fort Langley, BC. Smallish sites but great. Noisy trains passing by across the Fraser River. Boondocking. Municipal park. No reservations and a popular CG for us locals. Close to historic Fort Langley.

notes for other newbies

Get driving lessons rather then trying to learn as you go - Valley Driving School was good to us.

Anderson leveller was easy to use and was put to use at every site. We bought it on a whim. We are glad we did.

We have solar with two battery set-up. We had mostly sun and the solar system was never run down. For fun I ran everything I could turn on and could never get the system to go below 75%

We bought the Rino Flex sewer setup and are happy with it.

FYI. We haven't aged a bit from the avatar picture. I have no idea why it show sideways because the picture in the album doesn't show sideways. One of the pics I posted to the album is sideways also and isn't sideways on my computer.
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandLiz View Post
Seems like a long time ago, but early in September we spent 2 nights at Moonshadows CG in Merritt, 2 nights at Todds CG in Peachland, 2 nights at the Lightning Lake CG, Manning Provincial Park and then, on a lark, 5 nights at Derby Reach, Fort Langley, BC

CG reviews - Moonshadows, Merritt, BC was a bit tired, but nice location near to River and town. Funky cafe/bakery in town. Full hook ups.

Todds, Peachland, BC family style CG smallish sites near a highway, clean facilities and helpful staff. Across from lake. Close to wineries. We went to three organic wineries. Full hookups

Lightning Lake, Manning Provincial Park. Wonderful campsite, hot water showers, flush toilets, spacious sites. No hookups. Lots of places to hike.

Derby Reach, Fort Langley, BC. Smallish sites but great. Noisy trains passing by across the Fraser River. Boondocking. Municipal park. No reservations and a popular CG for us locals. Close to historic Fort Langley.

notes for other newbies

Get driving lessons rather then trying to learn as you go - Valley Driving School was good to us.

Anderson leveller was easy to use and was put to use at every site. We bought it on a whim. We are glad we did.

We have solar with two battery set-up. We had mostly sun and the solar system was never run down. For fun I ran everything I could turn on and could never get the system to go below 75%

We bought the Rino Flex sewer setup and are happy with it.

FYI. We haven't aged a bit from the avatar picture. I have no idea why it show sideways because the picture in the album doesn't show sideways. One of the pics I posted to the album is sideways also and isn't sideways on my computer.
Great info Larry and Liz - particularly on your experience with the solar setup. Thanks for posting.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
The sideways avatar

Quote:
We haven't aged a bit from the avatar picture. I have no idea why it show sideways because the picture in the album doesn't show sideways. One of the pics I posted to the album is sideways also and isn't sideways on my computer.
Maybe it's because your computer is connected to a server below the 45th parallel, so it translates to try to be more perpendicular to the earth?
Computers are dumb!
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 17B, 2011 Honda Ridgeline
We too spent the month of September in our 17B touring from Vanc. Island to Yellowstone, Salt Lake City, Reno, Crater Lake and last weekend Oktoberfest in Leavenworth. Our Andersen performed beautifully. No sway issue period. But I am noticing a wear on the chain links that pass through the square tube that is attached to the trailer frame. Are your chains showing wear? I have emailed Andersen, and am awaiting their reply.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN2115.jpg  
bolerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolerfan View Post
We too spent the month of September in our 17B touring from Vanc. Island to Yellowstone, Salt Lake City, Reno, Crater Lake and last weekend Oktoberfest in Leavenworth. Our Andersen performed beautifully. No sway issue period. But I am noticing a wear on the chain links that pass through the square tube that is attached to the trailer frame. Are your chains showing wear? I have emailed Andersen, and am awaiting their reply.
We have the Anderson leveler the little orange thingy u drive up on to level the trailer when the camp site is uneven. No chains needed. u can see the Anderson leveler in one of the pics in the alb I posted today.

It sounds like u had a great trip
Old 10-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 17B, 2011 Honda Ridgeline
OOPs, yes I was referring to the Andersen AntiSway Hitch....we're still using 2x10's for leveling!
bolerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolerfan View Post
OOPs, yes I was referring to the Andersen AntiSway Hitch....we're still using 2x10's for leveling!
Maybe I should use a leveler to get that avatar pic of Liz and I right side up

Edited and Added. Thru the magic of the Anderson leveler I leveled my previous avatar. But in the process it added 40 years to our lives.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:00 AM   #8

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
where is your album posted, because I can't see it on this thread (and have seen other pictures tonight)
Old 10-14-2014, 06:25 AM   #9

Trailer: Scamp 16, TV Rav4 V6
Quote:
Maybe I should use a leveler to get that avatar pic of Liz and I right side up

Edited and Added. Thru the magic of the Anderson leveler I leveled my previous avatar. But in the process it added 40 years to our lives.
You did not age at all, they just don`t make good cameras the way they use to. Carl
civi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirie View Post
where is your album posted, because I can't see it on this thread (and have seen other pictures tonight)
Hi Anna Marie

Click onto our user name, then click public profile, and on the right hand side about 1/2 way down there is a section for albums that users post. Our First Trip is the name of the album.

Perhaps you can search galleries using "our first trip".

The software seems a bit clunky. ... Hope this helps
Old 10-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #11

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
Worked great--thanks--love the West Coast Express photo...My parents used to look across to Derby Reach from their condo--so nice to see it from the other
side!