For those who travel on I81 in Pennsylvania - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2016, 04:34 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
For those who travel on I81 in Pennsylvania

There is a nice KOA located in Jonestown, Pa, off exit#90 of I81. The cg is open year round. Stayed there this past weekend where it got down to 12 degrees at night with snow flurries. Their bath/showers are heated and for $37, less your KOA discount you can get full hookups during off season. Cable and internet included with water and sewer. You have to unhook the water at night or have a heated supply hose.
There is also a restaurant type store with the usual package food but in addition they have fresh broasted chicken. In the mornings there are fresh egg and bacon/sausage sandwiches, lunch time tuna and other type fresh sandwiches and chicken for dinner. The store opens 5 am and closes 7 pm.
Our site was along the creek with fire ring and table. I give it a 8 star rating for overall but increase that to a 10 star for winter use since hot food is available and they remain open year round.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Pleasure Way OnTour 2.0
We stayed there just after Christmas on our way from Massachusetts to Florida. It was great as the sites were level so we didn't have to unhook. We used to overnight at Promised Land State Park in Greentown PA but we will keep using the KOA for future overnights.
Mob2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:54 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Stayed there twice on our round-trip to NewHampshire in August.