Maximum RV Length at Campgrounds - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2016, 08:11 PM   #21

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We reserved a 20 ft trailer site in a Southern state assuming they were like Wisconsin and made allowances for the tow vehicle WRONG ! The site was exactly 20 ft long and we had to park our vehicle with our gear in a parking lot 4 blocks away from our site.
That's bizarre, given that there is no combination of tug and trailer which is only 20 feet long in total, and no current motorhome only 20 feet long. I wonder who they expect to use such a site? Maybe some people are okay with leaving the tug in the remote lot.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:17 PM   #22

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
... I always unhook as the trailer sits fairly high in the front when hooked up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
So you are not towing level or does tow level mean the loft is not level. Like at a truck stop, is the bed level?
The loft floor is parallel to the visible frame under the loft. That frame certainly looks to be parallel to the main frame, so the loft must be level when the trailer is level... and I can't see how it would be acceptable to be any other way, because regardless of towing, the loft and the main floor area need to be level at the same time.

It looks like Bob's trailer is not quite level (somewhat nose-up) when towing.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:59 AM   #23

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Mine sits high till disconnected and leveled, not enough to bother you when sleeping, just all the doors swing open or closed. Meant to adjust the pinbox some but haven't gotten to it.