Met 3 Escapees in 1 Campground! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2017, 09:49 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA "Wild Thing"
Met 3 Escapees in 1 Campground!

While on vaca in Tucson decided to check out an area campground today in anticipation of taking delivery of my 5.0TA this fall and met three Escapees!! In this sweet little campground in Tucson Mountain Park, the Gilbert Ray Campground, we met Dave and Sarina from Anacortes, WA and their 19'er (thanks for the advice on adding rear lights!). Around the corner in the same campground we met Cheryl and her 17'er from Oregon. Then a few spaces down we met Gordon and Pat who live just a few miles from the Escape facility in BC and their 1 year old 19'er. Thanks to all for the hospitality and the tours! Hope to see you all in Osoyoos in May. Escape owners are the nicest people!!
Sisababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Score! And I assume you got great advice on options and configurations. Just remember that the stock Escape is better than anything else out there on the marketplace. No need to go overboard.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:12 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Score! And I assume you got great advice on options and configurations. Just remember that the stock Escape is better than anything else out there on the marketplace. No need to go overboard.
Today is the first day of Scamp Camp (Highlands Hammock State Park, Sebring, FL, and there are 4 Escapes here, three TAs and one 19. There was supposed to also be a 21 but I don't think it is coming as they advertised on FGRV that they were cancelling their reservation. Will have to see if any others come in prior to this evening's "opening ceremony." Remarkable that there are 4 Escapes here given that it is nearly as far away from Chilliwack as one could be in the continental US!
Old 02-06-2017, 06:59 AM   #4

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
campgrounds

The first time we took our new 21 out was Christmas week for the shakedown camping .We didn't see any Escapes but did see a 16 Scamp and a 17 Casita .The Casita owner will probably buy a 19 or 21 after he received our tour of the 21 .

Hey Carl how long is Scamp camp ? I still haven't worked on camper to much boat stuff to fix Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Yes Karen, it's grest to see the options in person and talk with owners. Everyone was very helpful! I'll be going to Osoyoos in May before finalizing my build sheet so I'm sure I will enjoy all the variety!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2017, 08:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Today is the first day of Scamp Camp (Highlands Hammock State Park, Sebring, FL, and there are 4 Escapes here, three TAs and one 19. Remarkable that there are 4 Escapes here given that it is nearly as far away from Chilliwack as one could be in the continental US!
Wowza! What fun!

Old 02-06-2017, 08:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
The first time we took our new 21 out was Christmas week for the shakedown camping .We didn't see any Escapes but did see a 16 Scamp and a 17 Casita .The Casita owner will probably buy a 19 or 21 after he received our tour of the 21 .
We also saw a Scamp and a Casita at the Gilbert Ray. Quartzsite is just up the road a piece (4 ish hrs) so they may be heading there.