Patrick's Point State Park, Trinidad, CA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 AM   #1

Trailer: No RV for now.
Patrick's Point State Park, Trinidad, CA

We have a good friend in Arcata, CA, and have stayed at Patrick's Point State Park numerous times. We love it! In Redwood country, beautiful agate beach, great walks, old sea stacks and wonderful sunsets, lots of variety, amazing place. It is about 20 miles north of Arcata. Even though you can make reservations, specific campsites cannot be reserved; there are many great spots, though. http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=417. Not full hook-up sites, so be ready for dry camping.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19' Escape
Re: Patrick's Point State Park, Trinidad, CA

Even though I only live about 15 miles away, I've wanted to spend a weekend there, if only to see if our granddaughter is ready yet to go camping without her parents!

I was wondering if you camped there with your 17' and if you had any problems finding a site large enough. When I was looking online it seemed the driveways were not too long. Are there many sites that would accommodate a 19'?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #3

Trailer: No RV for now.
Re: Patrick's Point State Park, Trinidad, CA

We stayed there in our 17ft. Escape as well as in other RVs that we have had over the years. There are plenty of sites that would more than fit a 19ft. Escape! It is an incredible place! The most popular sites are closer to the beach overlook (Agate Beach). But there are lots of great sites in the wooded area as well. We stayed in both areas. Lots of places to explore when camped there! Have fun!