Radium, Revelstoke, Ainsworth and Fairmont Hot Springs - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Radium, Revelstoke, Ainsworth and Fairmont Hot Springs

I'm looking for campground recommendations for the hot springs that are in the general area of the loop made up of 97,95, 93 and 3 in British Columbia. It seems like there are a lot of hot springs and I'm wondering what people's experiences have been.

Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #2

Trailer: 2006 Escape 17B
I have not been there in a few years but Redstreak in Radium is an awesome spot.

Parks Canada - Kootenay National Park - Redstreak Campground

You might want to check out Lake Louise and Banff and Jasper too.

They have hot pools in Banff and Jasper ( Miette in Jasper is my favorite)

alan in alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #3

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Hi....Radium -highly recommend Red Streak , up on the hill overlooking Radium , with a walking trail to the springs , no hook-ups to full hook- ups ... Near Revelstoke , there is Halcyon Hot springs full hook-up on the resort , beautiful views , Ainsworth , our choice would be the Marina just north of the Hot Springs .
Old 02-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
Hi....Radium -highly recommend Red Streak , up on the hill overlooking Radium , with a walking trail to the springs , no hook-ups to full hook- ups ... Near Revelstoke , there is Halcyon Hot springs full hook-up on the resort , beautiful views , Ainsworth , our choice would be the Marina just north of the Hot Springs .
There is also a full service campground below the Nakusp Hot Springs ... That loop is a beautiful drive , and if you like hot springs at all , they are all a little different ( from each other ).
Old 02-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #5

Thanks -- this is what I need. I've seen some of these places mentioned on line, but it's good to know what people think. We were thinking of just doing a hot spring tour until we get tired of it.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
Thanks -- this is what I need. I've seen some of these places mentioned on line, but it's good to know what people think. We were thinking of just doing a hot spring tour until we get tired of it.
Not sure one can get tired of that !
Old 02-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #7

Gabeck? Is the campground below Nakusp private?
Old 02-07-2014, 06:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Gabeck? Is the campground below Nakusp private?
Hi , not really sure about that , we thought that the Nakusp hot springs and creek side camp grounds were serviced by the town of Nakusp . We have been up in those springs and actually found them too hot . When the weather is warm and sunny , it is especially hot , there is "glass " fencing ( or wind sheltering ) . We have hiked around there but not camped at the Creekside rv park - we have always stayed at Halcyon . Love the lake access and the way the Halcyon hot springs overlook the lake . Nakusp andHalcyon are maybe 15 - 20 minutes apart .
Old 02-07-2014, 07:33 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Thanks We were thinking of just doing a hot spring tour until we get tired of it.
In that case you could start at Harrison Hot Springs, about 15 minutes from Escape.
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:30 PM   #10

Trailer: 2012 15A
Hot Springs Plus
If you like hiking there is a great one to do out of the parking lot at Miette Hot Springs in Jasper area. The hike is called Sulpher Skyline. Moderate hike with an incredible view when you get to the top. End the hike with a soak in the springs when you get back down.

Sulpher Skyline near Jasper, AB - a hiking trail

And of course there is some incredible mountain scenery to enjoy as you travel from one hot spring to the next.

Another natural hot spring to add to this list is one that has been mentioned in other posts on this site. It is Lussier in Whiteswan Lake Park to the south of Fairmount Hot Springs. I don't believe there are camping areas near the springs but short drive from Fairmount or Radium areas.

Hot Springs Around Invermere

There is another camping option in the Radium area. It is Dry Gulch, part of the BC Provincial Park system. Quite different from Red Streak. I think you need to purchase a daily National Park pass to camp at Red Streak? Those who frequent the Canadian National Parks usually buy a yearly pass which cuts down the cost a lot. You would also need the pass to camp in the Jasper and Banff area. I think about 7 day visit would equate to a yearly pass cost?

A bit further south of Fairmount is Premier Lake, another BC Provincial Park site.

Dry Gulch Provincial Park - BC Parks

http://www.pc.gc.ca/apps/tarifs-fees...e_E.asp?park=3

All this discussion of hot springs makes one forget about the cold weather outside. Well sort of forget!!

JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote