Size restrictions ... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2018, 01:59 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Ran into that problem a few years ago at Casa Grande.Was told :You can not come in here with that small trailer.There is another park down the road.Yeah we found another place,
signs all over like do not walk on the grass.No smoking of course, no dogs in this area and so on, but we ended up staying two nights paying top dollars.Go with the flow I guess.

Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:36 AM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I kind of prefer when I find a campsite and can stay because the maximum length accommodated is 21 feet or so! I’ll be camping on the coast of Florida where my site was available because most rigs wouldn’t fit in. Definitely enjoy staying where the big rigs don’t prefer. No on site water, electric, sewer or cable.....that’s fine by me! After50+ years in a tent, I feel like I’m staying in a 5 star hotel in my Escape 19.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:16 AM   #13

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA on order, 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
When we started RV'ing in 1999 with a small fifth wheel, we lucked into a campground hosting opportunity at Glacier National Park. All the hosts typically had large motorhomes or big fifth wheels, and there was one small campground that had a little host site that none of them could fit in so we got it. Spent two wonderful summers there, the host site had full hookups and was right on the shore of Lake McDonald, the small campground was tents only so was very peaceful.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:03 PM   #14

Trailer: '21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
When we started RV'ing in 1999 with a small fifth wheel, we lucked into a campground hosting opportunity at Glacier National Park. All the hosts typically had large motorhomes or big fifth wheels, and there was one small campground that had a little host site that none of them could fit in so we got it. Spent two wonderful summers there, the host site had full hookups and was right on the shore of Lake McDonald, the small campground was tents only so was very peaceful.
You have my attention! We are heading to Big Bend NP for our third year of campground hosting. At this point we think we have explored most of the park and are looking for a new adventure. A location that doesn't remind us daily of the inside of an oven is sounding more and more attractive, as does green scenery and running water. A tent-only campground on a lake? Does it get any better?
--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:53 PM   #15

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA on order, 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post
You have my attention! We are heading to Big Bend NP for our third year of campground hosting. At this point we think we have explored most of the park and are looking for a new adventure. A location that doesn't remind us daily of the inside of an oven is sounding more and more attractive, as does green scenery and running water. A tent-only campground on a lake? Does it get any better?
--
Alan
The campground is Sprague Creek if you decide to check into that.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:13 PM   #16

Trailer: 2012- 17'B.... 2016 Tacoma SR5 TRD
Ya, but when the 40 footers want to camp for 6$ Canadian at a forest Res. site and cant fit, they want trees cut down so they can . You know what I would say …. Your right .
Old 12-07-2018, 12:41 AM   #17

Trailer: 2017 19' "Hardley" 2015 Grand Cherokee diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I couldn't afford to stay there anyway. Did you check out the rates
Saving money is probably not a priority for people who stay in a place that lists a "Shopping Tournament" amongst their attractions.

https://www.shoprockportfulton.com/tournament-faqs/
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:05 PM   #18

Trailer: 2012- 17'B.... 2016 Tacoma SR5 TRD
Na , there just cheap. Most times they don't even get out … not even tp pay there 6 $.
They let there dog out for a Poo that they don't pick up . Then you hear the grinding motor as there satellite Dish goes up. And then there's that noisy on board gen. Luckily most times there gone the next day .