Size restrictions ... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2018, 05:21 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Richie View Post
When requesting a site we always say. "Small fifth wheel; 22 feet in length; no slides; 30 AMP; and 36 feet including the truck when hooked up. That seems to cover it. There is a growth in Class A only sites. I think part of it is the look and kind of clientele. After all, most "Escape users" are a different type of clientele. Not good or bad, just different...
Click image for larger version

Name:	BF17C81B-206E-4D96-9378-33A34858C8BC.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	35653 you mean this kinda of folks wouldn’t fit in to them their kinda RV parks? Aw Shucks! ( Desert line Quartzsite 2018)
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 06:00 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
Attachment 35653 you mean this kinda of folks wouldn’t fit in to them their kinda RV parks? Aw Shucks! ( Desert line Quartzsite 2018)
Look at Ron at the front of the line, no wonder little was left for others. [emoji16]
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #23

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Look at Ron at the front of the line, no wonder little was left for others. [emoji16]
Ron didn’t get it all! I finally,after 3 different rally’s, was able to snag the next to last piece of Jon Vermilye’s Blueberry Pie. It was good to! I’m the one in the green hat, sunglasses,green shirt, maroon lounge pants, and leather boots. Gawd! I look like a Bum! My wife says, what do you mean- looks like. what’s she mean by that?
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:06 AM   #24

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
"Escape users" are a different type of clientele. Not good or bad, just different...

OK I have to ask whats different? I would say fiberglass trailer owners in general could be called 'different type' but curious what makes and Escape owner different?
Now I will say when we got our trailer a few months ago I was proud that I had found what I wanted at a price I wanted to pay for it and as far as I'm concerned have bought the last trailer we will ever own but not sure that makes me different just proud.
Like others we had a Casita and main difference I notice already is a Casita looked different so more people asked about it or wanted to look at it, for the most part people seem to see an Escape as just a trailer. Now granted that could change some with time, best part is we know what we have and couldn't be happier.

Happy and safe holidays to all.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:48 AM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
The big guy

Hi Steve,
So far it’s only happened to us once. Being the big guy that is. Last fall at the Mississippi River Rendezvous there were around 30 campers in the loop. The loop
was full. There were 9 Escape 21s, that were the biggest campers in the loop including ours. Other times we’re the smallest rig in a loop. But one of my favorite situations, usually in the spring, in the west, at upper elevations with a little snow on the ground yet, is when we’re the only camper in the loop. In that situation, if you look, you can usually find bear tracks.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:44 AM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
Ron didn’t get it all! I finally,after 3 different rally’s, was able to snag the next to last piece of Jon Vermilye’s Blueberry Pie. It was good to! I’m the one in the green hat, sunglasses,green shirt, maroon lounge pants, and leather boots. Gawd! I look like a Bum! My wife says, what do you mean- looks like. what’s she mean by that?

I missed out on it there, but Jon personally delivered some to the Escape folks at the boler 50th rally. Blueberries are my favourite fruit, and Jon's pie is delicious!

And you look more like a prospector ready to hit the local hills for some gold or gemstones.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:44 AM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Well, not quite at the front, I must be slipping. But I'm betting if it was a Scotch tasting bar you'd be the one at the front of the line.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:28 PM   #28

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
I kind of prefer when I find a campsite and can stay because the maximum length accommodated is 21 feet or so! I’ll be camping on the coast of Florida where my site was available because most rigs wouldn’t fit in. Definitely enjoy staying where the big rigs don’t prefer. No on site water, electric, sewer or cable.....that’s fine by me! After50+ years in a tent, I feel like I’m staying in a 5 star hotel in my Escape 19.
I am totally with you Kevin!!! I think I can say without hesitation that any RV park with a MINIMUM length requirement is not the kind of place I'd be caught dead in anyway. One reason I bought my 19 is so it can be maneuvered into sites at campgrounds and dispersed sites that can't accommodate the big boys. I guess I'm still a tenter at heart, I camp at places to get away from that scene, as well as TV, internet, full hookups, etc. And agreed, camping in our new 19 is definitely like a 5-star hotel, only the view is better!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #29

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
I am totally with you Kevin!!! I think I can say without hesitation that any RV park with a MINIMUM length requirement is not the kind of place I'd be caught dead in anyway. One reason I bought my 19 is so it can be maneuvered into sites at campgrounds and dispersed sites that can't accommodate the big boys. I guess I'm still a tenter at heart, I camp at places to get away from that scene, as well as TV, internet, full hookups, etc. And agreed, camping in our new 19 is definitely like a 5-star hotel, only the view is better!
My favorite local state campground has a MAXIMUM length of 22' and no hook-ups.