The Best Camping Screen House Tents When Away - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2020, 09:38 PM   #21

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Gazelle screen room

Our large Gazelle screen room ( like Clam) fits nicely inside and across under the bed in the rear of our 19. It is an amazing product that by simply pulling the tabs ( as pointed in red ) in the center of each panel...pops up. We like that we can park the trailer anywhere on the site and still be able to cover the largest of tables. We also waterproofed the top so our table says dry.
Attached Thumbnails
753D782A-1BFA-46BE-8EED-210E2C675E79.jpg   4EC7B54F-5C6D-4DC5-9134-972AA109E0A6.jpg   466AE434-5414-4EE9-9044-29FCD650AA5A.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:42 AM   #22

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21', Maple Interior, previous 2015 Escape 19'
screen rooms

We had a 2015 19' which we sold in 2018 so we could get the 21'. We had the screen room that Escape provided at the time. WE LOVED IT. One person could set it up, and it took up very little room to carry. It would certainly be less difficult to set up and store than the any of the free standing units. We begged them to please reinstate the screen room when we bought the 21' trailer, but evidently the fire Escape had several years ago was where the screen rooms were stored. Who made them, and where can I get another that attached directly to the trailer awning? We spend about 3-4 months traveling and volunteering with the National Forest Service during the summer, often set up for 8-12 days at a time.

I really miss the one that attached to the trailer.

Smitty
bjsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 02:22 PM   #23

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
Coleman screen house

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
What I like about the clam is you can make it somewhat water proof
Our Coleman is pretty waterproof on top, but the Hiawassee river leaked through the screen when it flooded while camping.
I like our Coleman better for ventilation than our G-5 Gazelle, but I prefer the Gazelle in cold weather with the added sidewalls.
Our neighbors Clam seemed to do pretty well in the river too.
Attached Thumbnails
Coleman shelter at Hiawassee.jpg  
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 02:30 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have an old canvas tarp that we used to "oil" it occasionally to keep it waterproof. I think it was linseed oil.
That is defiantly "Old School" but i'm sure it worked.
Old 01-29-2020, 02:32 PM   #25

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsmitty View Post
We had a 2015 19' which we sold in 2018 so we could get the 21'.

I really miss the one that attached to the trailer.

Smitty
Check to see which manufacturer makes your awning and check their websites. My awning was made by CareFree. They used to sell a screen room called "Breezeway" but it is out of production now. I am not sure if they made it themselves or was a product by another company. Carefree offers an alternative line but they are pretty pricey.
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 02:32 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
Our Coleman is pretty waterproof on top, but the Hiawassee river leaked through the screen when it flooded while camping.
I like our Coleman better for ventilation than our G-5 Gazelle, but I prefer the Gazelle in cold weather with the added sidewalls.
Our neighbors Clam seemed to do pretty well in the river too.
That pic reminds me of the Mississippi River Meet up last year. Not quite that bad but several sited were pretty close.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:21 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
That pic reminds me of the Mississippi River Meet up last year. Not quite that bad but several sited were pretty close.
You beat me to it, that Rally was almost drowned out, in fact the first time we tried to attend in 2016 it had been flooded and relocated up the river..
Old 01-29-2020, 07:25 PM   #28

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Mixing me up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You beat me to it, that Rally was almost drowned out, in fact the first time we tried to attend in 2016 it had been flooded and relocated up the river..
Hi Jim
You are trying to mix me up. It was for sure a little damp last fall at Thompson Causeway. A place I’ve never been and I doubt you have either is up the river literally and figuratively. Because about 4 miles up (upstream) on the river is the high security Federal Penitentiary. We’re talking the crowbar Hilton now. However about 30 miles down (downstream) the river is Scott County Park owned and operated by the Scott County Conservation Board and that was our fall back site in 2016. And it will not flood until a lot of this United States is under water. Which, if we keep screwing up could happen. Someday I’ll tell you about the pioneer village at Scott county where I took a tour and made the tour guide mad with an innocent joke.
Planning for another great camping season, God willing, the creek don’t rise and the Devil doesn’t come to take my soul.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
B35C09F1-7FB9-410B-A8FB-BCCE0D0523FC.jpg  

Tags
camping screens, screen houses for camping, screen tent