Travel from Vermont - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Campgrounds, Waysides and Resorts
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Re: Travel from Vermont

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyVT
I knew there was 1 trailer in VT, but they had it delivered. I did not know there was another one. How would I contact Ian and Jenny?
HERE is their user info. They have not posted in a while. You could try sending a PM to them, they might get email notification. If you want to PM me, I have an email address I could give you that would work. They are very nice couple, I enjoyed spending a weekend with them.

edit: As an afterthought, here is Ian's website which is public info anyway, and has all their contact info on it. He made us a small fireplace poker that is the envy of our friends.
LINK

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #12

One thing I soon realized after starting to tow a trailer, is that you should always double the time you would normally calculate for travel in just a car/truck/suv. I was used to driving at highway speeds + 5mph from sun up to sundown when I would drive across country staying at motels. Now, pulling a trailer, I keep at between 55-60 mph. Plus, you need to leave time to find a camp ground, get set up, and tear down/hook up before you leave. You'll also be stopping a couple of more times per day for fuel. I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, but it is something I've learned to build into my trip time with a trailer. Regardless, it's still fun.

If you can dream it, you can do it
walloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #13

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

I have towed lots, and pretty much do the same speed as when not towing, about 10 kph over the limit, but rarely over 110, maybe 120 on good highways. With getting 25% less fuel economy there are a couple more fuel stops, but not too much. When travelling through, I find it way quicker to find a spot off the beaten path (rarely use a campground when through travelling), than to find a room to check in to, and get all set up in. With a trailer you can stop and are instantly set up. If you do look for an available campground that can take a bit of time too.

If you are doing lots of hills though, that can add a bit of time, but that is usually a small percentage of the total trip, even in places like BC.

I guess what I am saying is that over all the years I have towed a trailer that if it even added 5% to my travel time, that would be it.

Sometimes though, I just take more time because I am not in a hurry much of the time, but that is a totally different comparison to me.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #14

Trailer: 2009 17B - Escape Pod

We are heading through Washington State as well this summer, and have done some research. We are stopping at Escape to have the cargo box added on, and then crossing the border to Larabee State Park. This will be a short drive. From there we head to Deception Pass, which gets great reviews! I would make a reservation. Mt. Rainier is also highly rated, but it may be out of your way. We are also going to visit Cape Disappointment at the southern tip of Washington State, on the coast, as most Capes are

ddevin is offline   Reply With Quote