Anybody else doing any Escape spring cleaning? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2016, 06:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Anybody else doing any Escape spring cleaning?

We live in a rain forest, near the mountains in Maple Ridge. This morning the weather person said that we have had something like 18 days of rain here in the Lower Mainland.

Today was our first real break in the weather. I've just spent about 3 or so hours washing the winter (green slime, dirt and so forth) off the outside of our "Cute Little 17B". Washing the roof made me happy we didn't buy a bigger trailer.

Since I retired last Thursday we: made a handy little Grey Water Tote system, purchased quick connect connections for our fire-bowl and barbecue, tested all the Escape systems (water pump, furnace), pretty much cleaned the trailer inside and have become more proficient at putting the California Immobilizer on the tire.

This afternoon was my first trailer wash of the season. I expect to wax her when the weather gets warmer. The weather looks good tomorrow and Friday/Saturday looks decent. We plan to get to Golden Ears for some cheap pre-season camping on Friday/Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1844.jpg   IMG_1842.jpg  
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
Looks nice!
Ours is filthy...It was kept uncovered all winter (we live in Mary Hill)so same rain system...

I am working all Easter weekend and Doug is off so I am hoping ours gets washed and then gets the oxidization remover used....I will get the interior all cleaned out and hopefully some kind of extra insulation done in the lower cabinets before the rally.
Although this year isn't going to be very many outings..

We are going to Monck Lake for a couple days before the rally...
We have never camped at Golden Ears!!!
Old 03-16-2016, 06:19 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
We've never camped there either. We are just outside Golden Ears and during the summer traffic backs up outside the park entrance. We pass signs telling everybody the place is fully booked and at times they close access to the public beaches.

However, at this time of the year Gold Creek CG is open without any services and the charge is about 11.00 a night for camping. I see this as a first of the season shake-down overnight trip. Liz has to be convinced that camping 1/2 hour down the road is a good idea. So long as the weather isn't too cold or rainy she is up for it. Next week looks like rain all week. I'm hoping the weather is decent enough to camp at Derby Reach along the Fraser River then walk to Fort Langley and drink beer at the Fort Langley Pub while sending emails and pictures to my friends at my old work place.

I am so over rain.
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:25 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I've only been to Golden Ears once, to use the sani-dump. Seems like we drove, from the entrance, for a good half hour or more through bush, on a paved road, before we got to the dump. Not sure how much further it was to campsites or anything other than trees.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:37 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandLiz View Post
We live in a rain forest, near the mountains in Maple Ridge. This morning the weather person said that we have had something like 18 days of rain here in the Lower Mainland.

Today was our first real break in the weather. I've just spent about 3 or so hours washing the winter (green slime, dirt and so forth) off the outside of our "Cute Little 17B". Washing the roof made me happy we didn't buy a bigger trailer.

Since I retired last Thursday we: made a handy little Grey Water Tote system, purchased quick connect connections for our fire-bowl and barbecue, tested all the Escape systems (water pump, furnace), pretty much cleaned the trailer inside and have become more proficient at putting the California Immobilizer on the tire.

This afternoon was my first trailer wash of the season. I expect to wax her when the weather gets warmer. The weather looks good tomorrow and Friday/Saturday looks decent. We plan to get to Golden Ears for some cheap pre-season camping on Friday/Saturday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirie View Post
Looks nice!
Ours is filthy...It was kept uncovered all winter (we live in Mary Hill)so same rain system...

I am working all Easter weekend and Doug is off so I am hoping ours gets washed and then gets the oxidization remover used....I will get the interior all cleaned out and hopefully some kind of extra insulation done in the lower cabinets before the rally.
Although this year isn't going to be very many outings..

We are going to Monck Lake for a couple days before the rally...
We have never camped at Golden Ears!!!
I camped at Monck P-P last fall, what a nice place, its on Nicola Lake, and if you are lucky you may be able to get a site overlooking the Lake. The last 2 nights of the same trip before heading to the ferry I stayed at Golden Ears P-P for the first time. Usually I've stayed at Rolley Lake P-P but I found Golden Ears to be far nicer, lots of opportunity for long walks.
2019 KC the Beagle
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:01 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
We do a yearly trip to Golden Ears with our 2 granddaughters the May long weekend, our first outing of the year. We usually take a HUGE tub of craft and art materials to deal with the inevitable rain, but usually have at least a few hours of sun. Campfire with smores ALWAYS! In past years we have done scavenger hunts involving orienteering and walkie talkies to discover clues hidden in the forest on half-sized Popsicle sticks. If you walk the trails between campsites you are bound to discover clue sticks that were not found (despite our clue list we sometimes hide them too well). Last year our granddaughters did a new activity for us all (other family come up for the day), SURVIVOR GOLDEN EARS! A series of challenges (log balancing, pine cone tosses, etc. ) intermixed with opportunities to hunt for "idols " giving super powers or special votes. Yes, move over Survivor Kaoh Rong to make way for the even greater SURVIVOR GOLDEN EARS. We always do a hike to the falls as well. What a lovely park, and only 45 minutes from our home.

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:58 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
P S. I plan on taking our cover off on March and applying another coat of wax when it is a bit warmer. Sanitizing water system too.
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:42 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
I went skiing yesterday and I'll be skiing again on Sat. It's a bit early yet in Colorado.

However, the drift by the door has receded. I can probably get in now.
sturski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 04:42 AM   #9

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
I’ve got a lot of good memories of camping in Golden Ears park as a kid. I grew up in Port Coquitlam and every year dad would load up his prized 1958 Buick with camping gear and our big canvas tent and off the family would go. Believe it or not 55 years later I still have that tent. Wish I still had the Buick. We always tried to get a spot on the lake side of the camp ground so we could walk right from our site directly to the lake and go diving off the rocks. Man the water was cold, glacier fed we were told.

After I got married my wife and I would do a lot of day trips there in the summer until we moved to Vancouver Island. You had to get there early in the morning because by about noon it would get so full they would restrict the number of cars they would allow in. For every car that left they would let one in. And the weekends when they had the speedboat races the place was just nuts. Went back there about 3 years ago, sure a lot of changes but it’s still a beautiful lake
Old 03-17-2016, 05:50 AM   #10

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Used my trailer most of the winter so it needs some spring maintenance, like a coat of sealant.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #11

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Larry, You know you are retired when you have time Mid-Week to get out and wash your trailer. Ain't it great!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:31 PM   #12

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturski View Post
I went skiing yesterday and I'll be skiing again on Sat. It's a bit early yet in Colorado.

However, the drift by the door has receded. I can probably get in now.
As Yogi Berra might say, "It gets early late in Colorado".........

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote