Cheaper alternative to "Hypervent" - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2018, 08:27 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Great idea. Makes sense. The mattress is fairly heavy. What type of object do you think seems to work the best.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:47 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I thought of lining the bed frame with the reflectix and then installing the dry mesh fabric around the sides and underneath the mattress to allow air circulation but keep the cold below the bed. I even thought of installing a small computer fan to pull air down and then underneath the bed, but that means cutting a hole thru the reflectix only and wiring. Will try it without the fan and document the results.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:45 AM   #23

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Thank you!

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:03 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Does the Hyper-like material make it any easier to slide the mattress back and forth on a 21? Thinking it might make it a bit easier to get the sheets on the corners towards the head end of the bed if you're not bashing your head on the shelf there.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:56 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape 19 2018
Send a message via AIM to Farmerdoug
I went with the Aire-Flow from Mattress Insider, I alaso added the mattress incasement, 10 feet did the job
I just placed an order on MattressInsider.com. They make custom mattress, sheets, and other great stuff! You should check them out!: http://mattressinsider.refr.cc/douglasb
Farmerdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:10 AM   #26

Do they offer the 45 degree cut covers and sheets? I did not see it offered?
Old 08-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #27

They seem to be willing to custom make and modify items
Old 08-22-2018, 01:45 PM   #28

We have a 19, and changing bedding is not much fun. Linny can't lift a corner with one hand to place the sheet under the mattress, I found using a 4" piece of PVC pipe can be used to lift the far corners. Since we only change bedding when at home, we don't need to haul around the pipe. For stuffing the sheet, blanket and comforter, around the mattress we use an old plastic cutting board.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:52 AM   #29

Trailer: None now
If you live in Florida or are going to the King of the wild frontier rally in Tn this October we have 16 feet of Aire-Flow we never used.

The link to the ad is http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...tml#post260045
It's a big box so would cost quite a bit to ship.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:31 AM   #30

Location: In my Escape...full time. Currently in Maine, Maine
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I thought of lining the bed frame with the reflectix and then installing the dry mesh fabric around the sides and underneath the mattress to allow air circulation but keep the cold below the bed. I even thought of installing a small computer fan to pull air down and then underneath the bed, but that means cutting a hole thru the reflectix only and wiring. Will try it without the fan and document the results.
So, I did the reflectix and Aire Flow under the mattress on my 19 and have had no condensation issues under the mattress, even in the winter temps (20s at night) we have had here in NH lately. BUT... I just checked around the sides of the mattress and there is moisture on the walls which is wetting the bedding all around the sides :-( So, thinking I will order some more Aire Flow material to put around the sides of the mattress. Has anyone done this and, if so, has it been effective? Making the bed will be even a bit more inconvenient but I really want everything to stay dry! Thanks!
CarlNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:52 AM   #31

Yes, the sides are more critical than the bottom as the walls are colder. You want the air to circulate around the perimeter and underneath. Hard to do in the 19, easier in the 21. If the mattress was 2" smaller it would help as well as placing reflectix and air flow around the perimeter of the mattress.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:15 PM   #32

Trailer: Escape 19
Are you putting reflectix on the wood and up the walls? Then putting in the Aire Flow?

"Not all those who wander are lost.." JRR Tolkien
56reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:53 PM   #33

That was my plan for the 19, keep the cold away and allow air to circulate around the perimeter and underneath, reflectix against the wall and then the mesh against the mattress to allow air, same underneath.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:02 PM   #34

Trailer: 91 seabreeze
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
If you live in Florida or are going to the King of the wild frontier rally in Tn this October we have 16 feet of Aire-Flow we never used.

The link to the ad is http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...tml#post260045
It's a big box so would cost quite a bit to ship.
This would be a huge help to me if you still have it.
codynas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:23 AM   #35

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
To help ventilate the mattress in our 2017 21', we purchased a roll of rug pad from Lowe's (similar to the first link below) and cut it to fit the bed frame. We also slide a length of foam pipe insulation (see second link below) between the outside walls and the mattress (at head and driver's side) to maintain a space between mattress and outside walls. And we installed a second small door for under-bed access (near the bath), and we keep both under-bed doors open during camper storage for ventilation under the bed. All have served us well here in the deep, humid South for the past two years.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Safavieh-Ru...t-L/1000500119

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Frost-King-...lation/3424620
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:31 AM   #36

Some great economical alternatives are out there.....
Old 03-22-2019, 09:44 AM   #37

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
War Eagle, we are on the same wavelength, except that we use short pieces of pool noodle to keep the mattress off the ouside walls. Works great. Had some moisture issues on the outside walls behind mattress edges until we started using the pool noodles. We do keep the bathroom window open a crack and the ceiling fan on low provided it is not too cold and windy outside.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:53 AM   #38

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chama View Post
War Eagle, we are on the same wavelength, except that we use short pieces of pool noodle to keep the mattress off the ouside walls. Works great. Had some moisture issues on the outside walls behind mattress edges until we started using the pool noodles. We do keep the bathroom window open a crack and the ceiling fan on low provided it is not too cold and windy outside.
We first tried small pool noodles, but for our mattress, it seemed too snug of a fit on the side such that it might restrict air flow (a small noodle was okay at the head). The 3/4" pipe insulation seems to fit the side better for us to keep the mattress away from the wall but not restrict air flow too much. I think there have been slight changes in mattress dimensions over time, so our mattress might differ slightly from yours.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:08 AM   #39

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
We first tried small pool noodles, but for our mattress, it seemed too snug of a fit on the side such that it might restrict air flow (a small noodle was okay at the head). The 3/4" pipe insulation seems to fit the side better for us to keep the mattress away from the wall but not restrict air flow too much. I think there have been slight changes in mattress dimensions over time, so our mattress might differ slightly from yours.
We use cut sections of pool noodle standing vertically. Three along the sides and two on the head end of mattress. We trimmed the ones along the sides a bit as the full diameter seemed a bit too thick. Just pull out the cut pieces to make the bed then put them back in place. Cheap, simple and effective, at least so far. I would like to put something under the mattress also but not yet decided what to use.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:29 PM   #40

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Bump to an old thread.

So we are now in a pop up truck camper - so wanting the most effective thing under the over-the-cab mattress.

Many people with truck campers say HyperVent is the best.

Is 3/4” thick.

So I know where to buy it ($100 plus shipping) in the US but wanting to try to figure out who MAKES it.

I can’t figure that out. I think the company may have changed hands.

Anyone happen to know who MAKE HyperMesh?

Thanks

J.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote