Delivery in March - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2016, 04:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Delivery in March

This has probably been previously discussed - if so, I missed it. We are scheduled to pick up our new 19' in mid-March and the question is this: does the trailer come "winterized?" Home is in southern Idaho and, like many of you, late winter/early spring one can expect freezing nights. I sure I could ask the factory folks but thought I'd pose the question here. I'm thinking they must blow the water lines after testing before turning over the trailer to the new owners.
gudmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 04:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
We just picked up our 19 over Thanksgiving and Reace did our orientation. Since we were camping for 5 more nights on the way home we asked him about what to do. He said all they do is blow the lines, no pink stuff. Temps were marginal up in Lynden, WA and he told us to go ahead and hook up at the campgrounds and just tow with the furnace on if temps dropped below freezing. Only really bad nights we had with sub-freezing temps was in Seattle and you guessed it, Boise.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 04:36 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by gudmut View Post
This has probably been previously discussed - if so, I missed it. We are scheduled to pick up our new 19' in mid-March and the question is this: does the trailer come "winterized?" Home is in southern Idaho and, like many of you, late winter/early spring one can expect freezing nights. I sure I could ask the factory folks but thought I'd pose the question here. I'm thinking they must blow the water lines after testing before turning over the trailer to the new owners.
We picked up our Escape in April 2013. At pick-up, the folks at Escape told us they had filled the freshwater tank half-full so that we could have water on our planned 2 night journey home. As it turned out, the temperatures dropped to about -12°C during the night we were staying in a campground in Jasper National Park, and when we went to dump the following morning in the town of Jasper, the valve for the black tank was frozen shut. We ended up driving all of the way home and emptying the tanks there, as the temperatures had warmed up enough by that time that the valve was no longer frozen.

If you are expecting cold temperatures on your drive home and do not want to have frozen pipes/valves, ask Escape if they will turn the trailer over to you with the tanks empty, the lines blown out, and a bit of RV antifreeze in the traps.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 06:09 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If you look at your build pictures you will see a blue/green paper label attached to an overhead cabinet, this indicates the trailer has been winterized. You can verify this with Escape.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:37 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Thanks for the info. I was wondering about this myself. We'll be picking up our 19 in March as well.
Joanne is offline   Reply With Quote