Interesting comment from RV repair business.... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2015, 09:53 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
What no gloves??
Old 07-07-2015, 10:39 AM   #22

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
I have always considered every year or 12,000 miles to be excessive and unnecessary. In many years of trailer ownership, I have found that 20,000 to 25,000 miles or 3 years is a perfectly acceptable service interval. And I have never had a bearing problem on any trailer. My grease of choice is Lucas Red 'n Tacky (or Lucas Heavy Duty). Mobil 1 Synthetic would be my second choice. Off course, a boat trailer with wheels immersed in water, especially salt water, demands more frequent bearing maintenance. But as Dinna D likes to say, YMMV!
Absolutely Love Lucas products . Have been using since the 60's . That will be what I will use . Thank you . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #23

OK, BlackJack is home from the rv shop. When he was taken it for the Dometic switch I also authorized a bearing repack since I had around 17K miles. I was quoted a price of $200 for the bearings plus my share of the Dometic recall plus $50 yearly inspection. Meanwhile I went down there last week after they had removed the old unit and saw there was no insulation other than on the back wall and authorized that to be installed. In addition the flue had to be made smaller as the new unit is about 2" taller in the back. It took them an hour to remove the old unit which Dometic paid for.
Long story short, I picked up BlackJack, expecting $500 bill for everything. Total was little over $300 for 3 hours labor. The bearings looked "new" and were full of grease, the brakes looked new and hardly worn. The tires had 7/32 tread leff, new tires have 8/32. The tires are 2013 models and they said that the tires look like new ones. The refer was on last night set at max, this am it was -3 in the refer and -20 in the freezer. I'm a happy camper. Brought him home, washed and waxed with a current inspection affixed to the frame and now he is safe and legal in the yard, plugged in, with the refer on #3 using my thermometers. BTW, the table has to be removed in order to remove one shelf and reinstall after removing the plastic. The shelves are plastic and seem a little flimsy, we will see. There is also a hole on the door bottom, like the one Alf found on the single door, but no cold air was found leaking. To be continued....
Old 07-16-2015, 02:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
OK, BlackJack is home from the rv shop. When he was taken it for the Dometic switch I also authorized a bearing repack since I had around 17K miles. I was quoted a price of $200 for the bearings plus my share of the Dometic recall plus $50 yearly inspection. Meanwhile I went down there last week after they had removed the old unit and saw there was no insulation other than on the back wall and authorized that to be installed. In addition the flue had to be made smaller as the new unit is about 2" taller in the back. It took them an hour to remove the old unit which Dometic paid for.
Long story short, I picked up BlackJack, expecting $500 bill for everything. Total was little over $300 for 3 hours labor. The bearings looked "new" and were full of grease, the brakes looked new and hardly worn. The tires had 7/32 tread leff, new tires have 8/32. The tires are 2013 models and they said that the tires look like new ones. The refer was on last night set at max, this am it was -3 in the refer and -20 in the freezer. I'm a happy camper. Brought him home, washed and waxed with a current inspection affixed to the frame and now he is safe and legal in the yard, plugged in, with the refer on #3 using my thermometers. BTW, the table has to be removed in order to remove one shelf and reinstall after removing the plastic. The shelves are plastic and seem a little flimsy, we will see. There is also a hole on the door bottom, like the one Alf found on the single door, but no cold air was found leaking. To be continued....
Jim what were your outside temps when your frig is running ? Sounds real good so far . Great numbers . Bet that insulation is helping out a lot too . Pat
Old 07-16-2015, 02:51 PM   #25

last night it was in the 60's and today it is in the 80's so I'm running my own test. also the 2 fans have wires to a thermostat easily accessible thru the rear lower panel to "shunt" and operate manually, if need be.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:01 PM   #26

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
What did they add for insulation?
Old 07-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #27

fixed foam insulation board, 2 sides and top...
Old 07-16-2015, 04:57 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
fixed foam insulation board, 2 sides and top...
Jim I am very hopeful now to get better with this 4.3 . That is what I did .Will not know for a while yet for planned trip coming up . I will be shouting from the roof tops if I can keep frig below 40 .Pat
Old 07-16-2015, 09:10 PM   #29

Trailer: 2012 19 foot
I had my fridge exchanged two weeks ago at ETI.
Checked performance or the fridge in the driveway. Tuesday on 110, maintained 4 degrees, outside temp 39, Wednesday on propane, 4 degrees and 39 outside. Thursday on 12 volt maintained 5 degrees and 40 degrees outside temp.

Looking forward to actual camping performance.
berickso is offline   Reply With Quote