Necessity to drain fresh water - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-10-2019, 11:34 AM   #91
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 5,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
No wonder you guys drink, under all that stress.....
I drink very little . You have no idea what it is like to live through earthquakes . Our home was trashed in 1994 , foundation damage etc. we lived in our driveway for about 7 mo in our RV. Glad we had water stored . Since we were campers that made it a lot easier to make due with little until home was made livable again. You can do without a lot of things except water . Pat
__________________

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:51 AM   #92
Senior Member
 
bdornbush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Santa Rosa, California
Trailer: 2015 19 foot
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I drink very little . You have no idea what it is like to live through earthquakes . Our home was trashed in 1994 , foundation damage etc. we lived in our driveway for about 7 mo in our RV. Glad we had water stored . Since we were campers that made it a lot easier to make due with little until home was made livable again. You can do without a lot of things except water . Pat
We have planned for earthquakes and wildfires. We plan to use our trailer as our shelter. As a result, we keep the fresh water tank filled at all times in addition to some large containers in our earthquake box. I empty and refill before every trip to keep it fresh.

For those who say why do you live here, just live here for a while and you know why. Every part of the country has its type of natural disaster.
__________________

__________________
Bill Dornbush
http://dornbush.net
bdornbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:46 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 5,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
We have planned for earthquakes and wildfires. We plan to use our trailer as our shelter. As a result, we keep the fresh water tank filled at all times in addition to some large containers in our earthquake box. I empty and refill before every trip to keep it fresh.

For those who say why do you live here, just live here for a while and you know why. Every part of the country has its type of natural disaster.
Pat and Linda
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:24 PM   #94
Bea
Senior Member
 
Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Northern California, California
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
On the west coast we await the 'big one'. An earthquake will disrupt the water system, so I keep seven 20-litre containers full of water out in the carport. I replace the water every six months or so, adding a cap full of chlorine to each container to prevent algae etc.
For those of us in earthquake county, just a quick reminder that your home hot water heater tank (normally 40-50+ gallons) is also a good source of water for your family during an emergency....as long as it is still upright and you can still access it after a quake. Twice a year, (when we change the clocks forwards and backwards) we connect a hose to our home hot water tank at the spigot and drain some of the water out to flush out any sediment build up on the bottom. This not only helps to prolong the life of the unit but also helps keep the water as clear as possible for emergency use - a very nice tip from our plumber!

We also store water in our trailer for emergency use and use bleach routinely to keep every thing clean. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:38 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 5,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
For those of us in earthquake county, just a quick reminder that your home hot water heater tank (normally 40-50+ gallons) is also a good source of water for your family during an emergency....as long as it is still upright and you can still access it after a quake. Twice a year, (when we change the clocks forwards and backwards) we connect a hose to our home hot water tank at the spigot and drain some of the water out to flush out any sediment build up on the bottom. This not only helps to prolong the life of the unit but also helps keep the water as clear as possible for emergency use - a very nice tip from our plumber!

We also store water in our trailer for emergency use and use bleach routinely to keep every thing clean. -Bea
Yes Bea great advice ! Our water looked like Bigfoot stumped on it . We were literally being slammed up and down . The water heater was toast . So luckily for us water in the RV and storage containers . Pat
__________________

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.