Remove indoor shower hose and cap it off? - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-23-2018, 02:31 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Trail, British Columbia
Trailer: 2016 Classic Escape 19
Posts: 40
Remove indoor shower hose and cap it off?

We don't use our indoor shower; instead, we usually bring an outdoor shower tent and use the external shower connection, or just use the showers at where we are staying if available.

We are wondering if it is possible to remove the indoor shower hose and just replace it with some kind of cap cover for now but so it would be possible to remove the cap and replace the hose later if we ever decide we want it back in place?
__________________

JabberwockJazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #2
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 15,976
I remove the hose and stored it in the o/h until I sold the trailer. Never used the shower once. As far as decorative cap, you may find something in a hardware store that fits.
__________________

__________________
Jim
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why………..Mark Twain
cpaharley2008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:53 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yellow Springs, Ohio
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabberwockJazzy View Post
We don't use our indoor shower; instead, we usually bring an outdoor shower tent and use the external shower connection,
We tried that back in our teardrop and Scamp 13 days, using solar heated shower bags, only to find out that the national parks we visited REALLY don't like the idea of shower/gray water going into the ground, bio-degradable or not. That led to a 16' Casita, which led to our Escape 19. We've never hesitated to use our inside shower if we don't care for the one at the campground. To each his own, as they say.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:27 PM   #4
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,509
The thread on the faucet shower connection is 1/2" MPT, so a cheap PVC cap from any plumbing department works fine to avoid an accidental fountain; just snug hand tight.


That freed up the wall above the sink on our 21 for shelves, soap dish, etc. I left the shower head holder on the wall, however.



We rarely used our shower, so I coiled it up and pack it in a 1 gallon zip lock bag. Less than a minute to reconnect it if we choose.
__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:11 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
We tried that back in our teardrop and Scamp 13 days, using solar heated shower bags, only to find out that the national parks we visited REALLY don't like the idea of shower/gray water going into the ground, bio-degradable or not. That led to a 16' Casita, which led to our Escape 19. We've never hesitated to use our inside shower if we don't care for the one at the campground. To each his own, as they say.
We’ve had a similar path as you on the shower. We use the shower in the 19 all the time now and forego any campground showers if available. After adding the Oxygenics ahower head and accumulator tank the shower is even better. Having the full bath was a big part of the trailer selection process for us.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:22 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
We’ve had a similar path as you on the shower. We use the shower in the 19 all the time now and forego any campground showers if available. After adding the Oxygenics ahower head and accumulator tank the shower is even better. Having the full bath was a big part of the trailer selection process for us.
Same here Greg and have the Oxygenics and accumulator too ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:39 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 2,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
The thread on the faucet shower connection is 1/2" MPT, so a cheap PVC cap from any plumbing department works fine to avoid an accidental fountain; just snug hand tight.
Yes, something like this should work perfect to cap off the shower port
www.homedepot.com/p/Charlotte-Pipe-1-2-in-PVC-Sch-40-FPT-Cap-PVC021170800HD/203811708
or
www.grainger.com/product/LASCO-PVC-Cap-22FJ33
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:47 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Falun, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17 ft SD
Posts: 1,579
Thanks for bringing up this topic . We’ve owned three trailer and have only used the outdoor shower in each one . One more thing to add to mod list
__________________

__________________
“ The Danbury Troll “
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.