Walk on roof??? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Old 04-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #11
Trailer: Former class c .. Deciding on 17B
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Slippery than snot. Be safe. Reach but don't over reach. You SHOULD be able to reach both sides from each side to the middle. I use a mop on the roof of my Scamp. Put on the wax, wrap with a t-shirt and wipe off.

Well said!

reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:54 AM   #12
Trailer: 2003 Scamp 16'
I would be leery of applying concentrated loads from kneeling or standing on any FG trailer lid. I suppose some of the more "square" shaped eggs have plywood backing, so that would allow walking around up there. I have accessed my Scamp lid with ladder placed almost touching the side, and reaching out with a power rotary buffer to apply rubbing compound and then hand wax for protection. The Scamp may be a little narrower than the Escape. Using a pole like Donna suggested would give you all the reach you would need in any case.
Off the subject, but may be of interest. Newer trailers that still shine can be protected with wax to help the finish last longer. Older oxidized ones will need to be rubbed out with compound to restore some gloss, then protected with wax. The wax alone will not provide a lasting shine. Wax rarely lasts more than a month when outdoors in the elements, so easily applied products are a winner.
Square shaped eggs?

ruscal is offline   Reply With Quote